• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking For Carousel Sounds

Looking For Carousel Sounds

I am doing a project and the client has asked for authentic carousel sounds on one of his children's tunes. Anyone ever done this before that can lend some advice to get me started as where to look for a non-synthy palette?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Re: Looking For Carousel Sounds

I don't know of any specifics, but a calliope is the instrument you're looking for, along with some sound design for the movement and doppler effect.

Yeah Caliope, also from what I remember (the last time I actually heard one) There are real drums, brass, or maybe pipes, being played with levers and mallets and things which means using those acoustic elements, right?

Who has good caliope samples?

I don't have any, but would also love to add that to my sample library!. I'll have a look around on the web today.

Don't forget some kind of reed or semi-pipe organ (along the same lines) along with it and chimes of some sort

I wonder which existing type of organ/pipe sample (that we all currently have) would be closest sound to emulating the one used in carousels? Anyone have any ideas?

I'm thinking an off-the-shelf Glock would be good for the bell/chime sound?

maybe Michiel Post?

American Heartland

I think Consoldiated could serve you well (specially with the Group Buy price, 13 libs for $180) . It has a nice little carousel organ (positif organ) that you can spice up with some vibrato. The church Bells collection have some nice chimes and bells sounds for this. Accordion could work as well.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum