• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: How many professional ...

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Question How many professional ...

    percussionist do we have here on the forum? Not "concussionsist".
    Styxx

  2. #2

    Re: How many professional ...

    1

    Well mostly. I have earned money playing percussion so that makes me a professional. I was beating a log drum at the Portland Zoo to soothe the nerves of a horny ape. They paid me $4.75 an hour.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: How many professional ...

    Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    1

    Well mostly. I have earned money playing percussion so that makes me a professional. I was beating a log drum at the Portland Zoo to soothe the nerves of a horny ape. They paid me $4.75 an hour.
    Sounds as if you should have been beating the horny ape with the log drum!
    Styxx

  4. #4

    Re: How many professional ...

    I play hand drums.

  5. #5

    Re: How many professional ...

    Orchestral percussion yes, professional no.
    -John

    PS - concert Saturday, Uni-Hohenheim Stuttgart, Euroforum, 8pm
    _________________________
    John Hawksley
    Composition & Arrangement
    http://www.hawksley.net/music

  6. #6
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Talking Re: How many professional ...

    Quote Originally Posted by John Hawksley
    Orchestral percussion yes, professional no.
    -John

    PS - concert Saturday, Uni-Hohenheim Stuttgart, Euroforum, 8pm
    John. You buy I'll fly!
    Styxx

  7. #7

    Re: How many professional ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    John. You buy I'll fly!
    Sure, you don't need a pressurized cabin right?

    -John
    _________________________
    John Hawksley
    Composition & Arrangement
    http://www.hawksley.net/music

  8. #8

    Re: How many professional ...

    I've played orchestral percussion for money, for food, and for free.
    Steve A. Gallant

    www.SteveGallant.com

  9. #9

    Re: How many professional ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    percussionist do we have here on the forum? Not "concussionsist".
    i wouldn't say i'm professional, but i've played for 20 yrs. mostly set.

  10. #10

    Re: How many professional ...

    I can play the egg (a purple one) and I think I'm as good a tamborine player as Veronica. Not Davy Jones though.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •