• Register
  • Help

Topic: OK, Gary, I just HAVE to ask this...

Share/Bookmark

OK, Gary, I just HAVE to ask this...

I've resisted the urge so far, but my poorness/cheapness is overcoming my good sense (what little of it there is)...

Any chance for a discount code for current Finale users who are also GPO users and are looking for an upgrade to Finale 2006? I want to upgrade to Finale 2006, but sure as anything as soon as I place my order there will be a discount available that I'll miss out on.

Beside that, I'm saving all my pennies for the JABB library when it becomes available.

Thanks!

D.
    "He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds"
    --Psalm 147:3

Re: OK, Gary, I just HAVE to ask this...

Dan, Which version of Finale do you have?

Right now you can upgrade to Finale 2006 for $98. (from 2004-2005) and $170 from Finale 1.x on up)
    That $98 figure might be for pre-ordering not sure.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Dan, Which version of Finale do you have?

Right now you can upgrade to Finale 2006 for $98. (from 2004-2005) and $170 from Finale 1.x on up)
    That $98 figure might be for pre-ordering not sure.
    I have Finale 2005. My official email from MakeMusic says $99.95 (Save $20), but it also says that the offer is good until September 25, 2005. Granted, $99.95 isn't exactly overpriced for a version upgrade, but I'd still like to save a few more bucks if I can... this software thing can eat ya out of house and home!

D.

Quote Originally Posted by dancase
    I have Finale 2005. My official email from MakeMusic says $99.95 (Save $20), but it also says that the offer is good until September 25, 2005. Granted, $99.95 isn't exactly overpriced for a version upgrade, but I'd still like to save a few more bucks if I can... this software thing can eat ya out of house and home!

D.
    Their upgrade price seems to have gone up. In the past, at least for 2004 and 2005, the early-bird price was $79.00. I guess the extra $20 is probably for the overhead (GPO!) It's worth it though. I just ordered mine. Says they hope to ship in July!

Tim
    Timothy Rolls, DMA
    Assistant Professor of Music Theory/Composition/Technology
    Fort Hays State University

I only hope they have finally updated the rather prehistoric advanced Midi Tool to be more efficiently handled - that graphic that comes up is so Windows 3.0...

Dan,

I could ask MakeMusic!. But if this is the upgrade price they are giving their own loyal customers, I'm not sure what argument can be made to provide a lower price for GPO users. EXCEPT: GPO Users are the best people on the planet!

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Dan,

I could ask MakeMusic!. But if this is the upgrade price they are giving their own loyal customers, I'm not sure what argument can be made to provide a lower price for GPO users. EXCEPT: GPO Users are the best people on the planet!

Gary Garritan
    That's a good reason, Gary. If that doesn't work, you could always tell them that it's those loyal, totally addicted GPO users that helped make their huge improvement in sound engines possible... or tell them that we'll publicly renounce any interest in Sibelius... or tell them we're a buncha unstable psychos and it would be good for them to throw us a bone...

D.

Go Back to forum