• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Vivaldi (Concerto grosso op. 3, no. 8)

Share/Bookmark

Vivaldi (Concerto grosso op. 3, no. 8)

This is the Vivaldi, Concerto Grosso Op 3, No 8 also known as Estro armonico. N. 8. This is the second thing I did on GPO and have been hanging on to it. Wasn't sure about it. Comments?
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Thumbs up Re: Vivaldi (Concerto grosso op. 3, no. 8)

Valhax,
    are you a "baroquest"?
    You are re-orchestrating so much beautiful music in a beautiful manner, using GPO.
    You make sounds GPO really good.
    I didn't know that this was the Vivaldi concerto grosso from which Bach wrote his Organ Concerto. I have the Bach's Organ Concerto performed by Simon Preston, and I have to admit, even if I am a great fan of Helmut Walcha, that those concertos are really well played.
    Your piece sounds really fantastic for me.
    It seems to hear a baroque orchestra playing Vivaldi.
    Keep on these great works valhax,
    my best regards,
    Roberto

Re: Vivaldi (Concerto grosso op. 3, no. 8)

What a fantastic piece,beautifully realised.Congratulations.This is really excellent work.
    regards

Whew! And I was uncertain of it.

Beach - I love all of classical music though my main interests are in the classical period and baroque. I also have a keen interest in Tango and I am now starting to explore Renaissance music (more instruments Gary?). It's just by chance that I picked these baroque pieces. Seriously, I have a lot of learning to do with GPO and I am sticking small pieces that are challanging then I can move on to something bigger like, oh...Wagner or Bruckner or...

Joaz - Thanks for the compliments. Liked the flute in the Samba. Nice touch.

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

valhalx,

Another amazing masterpiece! I don't see what there is to be unsure about. This is exceedingly well done. It is good to hear a new and refreshing interpretation.

Thanks for posting this. I would like to feature this on the GPO demo site if that's okay with you.

Gary Garritan

valhalx,

This is just great. You and GPO sure shine in the baroque setting. The only problem I have with Handel is that whenever I hear something like this my stomach tenses up like I'm going to have to start singing, and I'm just waiting for my entrance. Too many Messiahs over the years me thinks. Also, it just proves the realism in your piece. Superb job.

Thanks for posting this,

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    valhalx,

Another amazing masterpiece! I don't see what there is to be unsure about. This is exceedingly well done. It is good to hear a new and refreshing interpretation.

Thanks for posting this. I would like to feature this on the GPO demo site if that's okay with you.

Gary Garritan
    Thanks very much Gary. Yes you can put it on the demo site. As far as being uncertain, I am a perfectionist and details drive me crazy. Some times I just need to sit back and relax and take in the whole piece.

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    valhalx,

This is just great. You and GPO sure shine in the baroque setting. The only problem I have with Handel is that whenever I hear something like this my stomach tenses up like I'm going to have to start singing, and I'm just waiting for my entrance. Too many Messiahs over the years me thinks. Also, it just proves the realism in your piece. Superb job.

Thanks for posting this,

Karl
    LOL. I know the feeling. Not as a singer but as a violinist in younger years. Sadly, I haven't touched a fiddle since Nixon was in office.

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    This is the Vivaldi, Concerto Grosso Op 3, No 8 also known as Estro armonico. N. 8. This is the second thing I did on GPO and have been hanging on to it. Wasn't sure about it. Comments?
    Valhalx:

BE SURE ABOUT IT! Your use of GPO is excellent and all the while I was listening, I could tell you are a perfectionist. A very fine product you have turned out and to think it was only your second try.........outstanding results.

I think you were born to use (play) GPO......LOL

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Valhalx:

BE SURE ABOUT IT! Your use of GPO is excellent and all the while I was listening, I could tell you are a perfectionist. A very fine product you have turned out and to think it was only your second try.........outstanding results.

I think you were born to use (play) GPO......LOL

John
    Rhap2 - Thanks. GPO is the coolest toy I've ever had (except that slinky back in 1954 and maybe the toy cannon the year after that my Uncle and I used to shoot all the ornaments off the Christmas tree).

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast