• Register
  • Help

Topic: Importing an Impulse Wav into Gigapulse?

Share/Bookmark

Importing an Impulse Wav into Gigapulse?

I seem to be missing something..I can't seem to find any details or instructions on how to take a wav impulse file and import it into to Gigapulse...anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Rob Pottorf

WWW.rpmusic.com

Re: Importing an Impulse Wav into Gigapulse?

I've never seen much in the way of docs on it but there is the "new" selection in the drop-down where you normally choose existing impulses to load. Also, page 32 of the GS 3.10 version history documents some enhancements and steps relating to a new Import Wave Data menu item.

Howard
    Ragtime Press

Howard,
    Thanks for the info! Checked out page 32...don't know how I overlooked it but this definitely puts me in the right direction! I'll give this a shot as soon as I get into the studio tomorrow!

Rob

In 3.1, you can also drag/drop your impulses right onto the Giga Pulse interface and most of the work is done automatically.

- G

Also, in addition, there is a pdf file at the TASCAMGIGA site which covers importing impulses into Gigapulse.

Here is the link:
    Gigapulse - wav Impulse import - manual
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

That looks great! Only lingering question I have is about the stereo impulse wave that you need to load in. Is that the straight up recording of your impulse sound, presumably a gunshot? Or do you go through the process they talk about in the SoundForge help files, slicing away the direct sound and leaving only the echos? Any other preprocessing needed?

Howard
    Ragtime Press

Found a great article over on the noisevault site on taking impulse responses of spaces:

http://www.noisevault.com/index.php?...d=22&Itemid=33

Also downloaded up a copy of the Voxengo Deconvolver for doing impulses of hardware. Looks pretty good.

Howard
    Ragtime Press

Quote Originally Posted by Przemek K.
    Also, in addition, there is a pdf file at the TASCAMGIGA site which covers importing impulses into Gigapulse.

Here is the link:
    Gigapulse - wav Impulse import - manual
    how to find a link to this file on Tascam's site, access to pdf directory is forbidden?

Quote Originally Posted by Abel
    how to find a link to this file on Tascam's site, access to pdf directory is forbidden?
    The directory is not forbidden. Go to the link " Register and Support " -> " Support" -> under Gigastudio 3 there are links to the manuals -> " GS3 Manuals & Tutorials " -> The last link is for the Impulse import for Gigapulse.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

thanks, got it now. Useful section.

Go Back to forum