• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics Komplete? to Eric.....

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics Komplete? to Eric.....

I'm a great fan of Spectrasonics and buy just about everything they (Eric & Co.) produce. A couple of ideas/requests:

Wouldn't it be cool for Spectrasonics to offer something like NI do, in other words, a complete package?

Second: lately, because so much is expected of computers, I've had to reinstall often when something has gone wrong on my music system. The web authorization is very smooth, but it would be even better to just have one authorization for all Spectrasonics products on one system.

Thanks

Nigel

Re: Spectrasonics Komplete? to Eric.....

It really is about time they do this!

Like an EastWest Colossus concept with reasonable pricing. Mega 30-50 GB gigabyte package for $700-1000

Second: lately, because so much is expected of computers, I've had to reinstall often when something has gone wrong on my music system. The web authorization is very smooth, but it would be even better to just have one authorization for all Spectrasonics products on one system.

Thanks

Nigel[/QUOTE]

Use Norton Ghost, If something goes wrong on my system, I just revert to an image of my system I took while everything was working. Takes about 3 minutes and I've never had to re-authorize anything....

Troels

I would buy a Spectrasonics "Komplete" package in a heartbeat and I'm sure if the word got out... a LOT of other people would too

Talking Re: Spectrasonics Komplete? to Eric.....

Quote Originally Posted by Troels
    Use Norton Ghost, If something goes wrong on my system, I just revert to an image of my system I took while everything was working. Takes about 3 minutes and I've never had to re-authorize anything....

Troels
    Hi Guys.

Troels, are you using any compression on you Ghost image?.... I don't,... but would like to,.... but I'm also afraid that if I compress anything, my authorizations won't jive on a restore. Also are you using ignore bad sectors and that other option to increase efficient use of image space.?

I too lost my main drive about 2 months ago, with many many programs and authorizations on it. Restoring my Ghost image saved me about 30 hours of reinstalling, authorizing and reconfiguring. I was amazed....... and all for the cost of a simple hard drive.......Yee Haw!!!!

Oh and regarding a Spectrasonics Complete....... hmmmmm, I like the way they do things now. Its easy for me and they still make their margins which keeps their incentive high to produce new top notch products that are actually worth owning.. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Patthoven
    Hi Guys.

Troels, are you using any compression on you Ghost image?.... I don't,... but would like to,.... but I'm also afraid that if I compress anything, my authorizations won't jive on a restore. Also are you using ignore bad sectors and that other option to increase efficient use of image space.?

I too lost my main drive about 2 months ago, with many many programs and authorizations on it. Restoring my Ghost image saved me about 30 hours of reinstalling, authorizing and reconfiguring. I was amazed....... and all for the cost of a simple hard drive.......Yee Haw!!!!

Oh and regarding a Spectrasonics Complete....... hmmmmm, I like the way they do things now. Its easy for me and they still make their margins which keeps their incentive high to produce new top notch products that are actually worth owning.. Just my two cents.
    No compression or the like on the image. With all my stuff installed, my system drive is
    under 3gb which doesn't take up a lot of space on my 250 gb storage drive.
    Yeah, Ghost can be an incredible time saver.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    At this point, I think it would be too late. Most everyone I know already has one or two of the three Spectrasonics plug-ins. The NI Komplete package is different, because there are a lot more plug-ins, and significant upgrades to those plug-ins were already expected.

Lee Blaske
    Well I don't!

We're all looking for added value at every turn so Spectrasonic would be crazy to ignore this desire from its user base. For example, Native Instruments charged me £200 (about $375) for a package called Komplete Care 2005 and it included every major update to their software packages within the Komplete suite.

So far I've had Absynth 3, Reaktor 5, Kontakt 2 and Battery 2 - and a host of one off and special offers*. It's only June and it's already proven to be a bargain. Will I cough up again in 2006? Aye, almost certainly.

* I haven't taken them up on any of these offers because they weren't special in any sense of the word that I understand.

Would I pay again for other Spectrasonic products within a heavily discounted suite? Aye!

Maybe I posted in the wrong thread. I mostly meant this with their old sample libraries. It would be nice to have a collection of these either in current form but a bundle with massive discount or a new VSTI collection with a lot of the best of their product line.

Panzer... I'm with you - I am currently saving up for several of their sample libraries and would love an all-in-one Colossus type package or a bundle

Go Back to forum