• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Got the Kirk Hunter Strings on Sale

Share/Bookmark

Got the Kirk Hunter Strings on Sale

I just recently got this, the giga version for $49 and I gotta tell you, I was very pleasantly surprised... Inasmuch as this is an "older" library, these strings sound great and they would be a great addition to anybody's sound library... Anyway, I'm happy and the best $49 I've spent in a long time...

Re: Got the Kirk Hunter Strings on Sale

It looks like the price of the Giga version has been cut to the same level as the other versions. I've been trying to stop buying stuff for a while, but this is hard to pass up.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Question Re: Got the Kirk Hunter Strings on Sale

WHERE did you find this "fire sale"? A link pretty please!

KevinKauai

Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Well, if you can afford to - I would suggest going for the new Concert Strings, the distant mic set is beautiful. Its obviously more expensive than the strings on sale, but when you compare the price to comparable libraries available it beats almost all of them hands down and the sound is very unique.

Looking forward to the Concert Series Brass and Woodwinds.

Would be nice if Peter would showcase some real demos for the strings. And hey, how about the brass while he's at it?

I got the brass 2 weeks ago. Haven't got the time to make a demo right now, but after playing with them fo a bit I can honestly say that I like what I hear. They mix well with my other libs too. I will most certanly be getting the concert strings and woodwinds soon.

-T

Well, I guess somebody beat me to putting up the link... My advice: grab 'em while the grabbin' is good...

I've already got GPO, EW Gold, Miroslav mini, and Ultimate Strings.

I've listened to some of the violins demos and my feeling was that these strings were not really better or would offer me anything tremendously different (still nice sounding though!).

Has anyone got the libs I mentioned above and would suggest the Hunter strings because there is something remarkably different about them?

Just curious.
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Cool Re: Got the Kirk Hunter Strings on Sale

Thanks a lot.

I now have 49 less dollars in my bank account.

Go Back to forum