• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 3 and Cubase SX 3

Share/Bookmark

Giga 3 and Cubase SX 3

(crossposted in Steinbert.net)

Anybody using this combo without problems? I have both a seperate install and a same machine install (using FX max vst wrapper). The problem is random, but if Giga is not on the equation I can run trouble free all day and all nite. When I'm using Giga either on the same machine or seperate machine (via RME digiface's ADAT connection-I have two RME's), I sometimes have problems...typically after an hour or so, and I will get a loud sine wave type tone, a BSOD, and the lovely memory dump. Also, I can run Giga all day if Cubase is not running.

Supposedly they worked out the hyperthreading problems...I'm using G3 3.04 now. Any known issues there?

If anyone has succeeded in making these two apps work side by side, I would be most interested in seeing your system specs, and learning any tips and tricks to make it work.

Thanks!
    Intel D865GBF Mobo
    Hyperthreading enabled
    RME Didgiface with latest (2.93) drivers
    Intel 3 ghz
    2048 Ram

Re: Giga 3 and Cubase SX 3

hi

i answered you in the sx forum....but lets see what others here say

mbmb also midislut

Re: Giga 3 and Cubase SX 3

Quote Originally Posted by mbmb
    hi

i answered you in the sx forum....but lets see what others here say

mbmb also midislut
    Thanks...you mentioned sync. I typically use "master" on the Giga machine and "auto sync" on the DAW (Cubase) machine. I set the sync through ADAT 1. Any known issues? I know the preferred method is word clock or some external sync, but I'm not ready to invest in that yet with only two computers.

Go Back to forum