• Register
  • Help

Topic: Headphone output

Headphone output

I can see from prior posts that whether you build your own computer or buy one, a professional audio card needs to be added. I do a lot of composing at night with headphones plugged into my synthesizer. A lot of the audio cards that have been recommended for GPO don't have headphone ports. Do these cards typically connect to a headphone port on the computer, or do I need to buy one with a headphone port?

New York, NY

Re: Headphone output

Hi Randy, the Gina 3G has a headphone output as well as a lot of impressive features, microphone inputs, phantom power, and 6 outs... But it's a high end card..

Gina 3G

If you're going to use a cheaper sound card, you could also get a Behringer mixer for about $60, which is have a headphone out... So, if you got one of the audigy cards from Soundblaster and the Behringer mixer, you'd have a combo that's going to work for you late at night...

audigy 2

behringer mixer.

For an intermediate price sound card, with great sound.. You may want to look at the M-Audio Delta 44...

delta 44

Re: Headphone output

I have the M-Audio Omni Studio card/breakout box combo. The card it comes with is the Delta 66 which is very nice. The box has lots of nice features, including built-in pre-amps, and two headphone outs.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Go Back to forum