• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Welcome New Forum Members!

Share/Bookmark

Welcome New Forum Members!

I would like to extend a warm welcome our new GPO users from the Group Buy. If any of you Group Buy people are here, you have discovered one of the best music communities on the net.

This forum is a perfect way to find the latest news and announcements, ask questions and share music, If you want to browse, share your thoughts about GPO, impart knowledge, listen to demos, learn, and interact with other GPO users - this is the place! You can also communicate privately with other musicians (PM), respond to polls, participate in real-time chats, read how-to tutorials, and get support.

If you have never been involved in a forrm, this is the place for you. We are a very welcoming and encouraging group. No question is too dumb, no demo is too bad, no person is discouraged and no idea is too far out.
    You will probably learn some things you didn't know before. There are so many gifted and talented people on this forum to interact with.

With over 1,300 new users from the group buy and the many thousands of Finale users who will soon be GPO users, and hope to be welcoming many more new members.

We look forward to getting to know our new members and hearing some more great music.

Please join me in welcoming our new members.

Gary Garritan

Re: Welcome New Forum Members!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I would like to extend a warm welcome our new GPO users from the Group Buy. If any of you Group Buy people are here, you have discovered one of the best music communities on the net.
    Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!

Karl

Welcome new GPO musicians. This Forum has been a great source of inspiration for me as I can have technical questions resolved and, at the same time, hear some of the greatest computer music ever produced.

Make it a point to post a message, if only to introduce yourself. We would like to hear from you..........

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    If you have never been involved in a forrm, this is the place for you. We are a very welcoming and encouraging group. No question is too dumb, no demo is too bad, no person is discouraged and no idea is too far out.
    Gary Garritan
    Welcome to all newcomers!

Gary's statement above is 100% right. This is the most friendly, sharing, and knowledgable forum that I have come across. It's truly a great place to be. So jump right in!

;-)
    jim

ps - there's usually some great jokes to greet you every morning, as well.

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Yep, welcome to all 1,300 new users. Join up and post some demos. And remember if you need any tech support, I'm online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (Its a joke people, I do sleep sometimes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Yep, welcome to all 1,300 new users. Join up and post some demos. And remember if you need any tech support, I'm online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (Its a joke people, I do sleep sometimes.)
    Come on, JB? At the salary Gary pays you, you ought to be there 24/7 ha ha ha.

Seriously though JB, You are one of the best helps around these parts!

Welcome to all and PLEASE feel at home! This is one of the best places to come. I have made it my homepage when I start up my browser.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Welcome Newbies!!

Please enjoy your stay You'll find that we are a great bunch to spend time with!!

Welcome to the family!

Please do not be afraid to post examples of your work in the demo area! You will receive constructive criticism and helpful advice and encouragement. There are seasoned professionals as well as total newcomers here – all willing to help and make your GPO experience even better. The main thing is to enjoy it. You will find no better advocates for your ambitions than the friends you make here – including and especially Mr. Garritan.

Again, Welcome!

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

thanks gary and everyone for the welcome. i've posted a couple times so i guess i'm not that new. but i did just purchase the group buy, and i'm having increasing success with it and PTLE.

I don't have any gpo demos to speak of yet, but if anyone would like to hear some of my music, please visit www.broadjam.com/gregsmith and be sure to click on the "more" link. mostly pop instrumentals there, but a few classical type pieces done with reason sound sets, a kawai mp9000 piano, and a roland synth.
    check out "lone", a piano solo and "temptress", last year's TCM contest entry. (haven't posted this year's yet.

anyway, thanks for listening and happy composing to all.
    greg

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Come on, JB? At the salary Gary pays you, you ought to be there 24/7 ha ha ha.
    Salary? Did you fall down and hit your head this morning?

I do it for the love of the community man. That and the chicks. Chicks dig helpful guys.

Go Back to forum