• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with Kontakt Player/Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Problem with Kontakt Player/Kontakt 2

I upgraded my Kontakt Player to Kontakt 2 so I could add vibrato to multiple clarinet players as well as to add features to some of the other instruments. But when I make new or modified instruments using Kontakt 2, I can't play them using Kontakt Player, because it says I need an updated version of Kontakt Player. But I have already upgraded to the latest version and it still won't work. Can anyone help me?

Re: Problem with Kontakt Player/Kontakt 2

You won't be able to play files in the Kontakt player that have been saved with Kontakt 2 at this time. The latest compatible version of Kontakt is Kontakt 1.5.3 which is what the current library was programmed with.

For now, just load Kontakt 2 along with your player is your are using VST plugins. This is how I run my system.

Thanks. The problem with that is that Kontakt 2 (DXi) goes crazy with CC 64 (sustain) which is used to run legato mode in my GPO files. Right now, I'm running a hybrid system using both Kontakt Player and Kontakt 2, but it's not satisfactory.

Do you know if it's possible to "downgrade" Kontakt 2 to Kontakt 1.5? I have a lot of trouble getting a response to any question from NI.

Quote Originally Posted by kipper
    Thanks. The problem with that is that Kontakt 2 (DXi) goes crazy with CC 64 (sustain) which is used to run legato mode in my GPO files.
    This bug will be fixed very shortly. My latest tests show that NI has solved the problem. Not sure how soon they will be posting the update.

Tom

Thanks for the info. It is helpful to know the difference between a misunderstanding and a bug. Kontakt is the first program I have used that can't be understood by RTFM.

Go Back to forum