• Register
  • Help

Topic: Convolution + Positioning of Instruments

Share/Bookmark

Convolution + Positioning of Instruments

I just ran across this page. Might be of interest to anyone using a convolution reverb, and who is striving for the ultimate in instrument positioning.

http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Altiv...positions.html

Trond

Re: Convolution + Positioning of Instruments

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    I just ran across this page. Might be of interest to anyone using a convolution reverb, and who is striving for the ultimate in instrument positioning.

http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Altiv...positions.html

Trond
    Hey Trond,

That is cool! Very nice.
    Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Hi Trond, how have you been?
    Altiverb is so awesome!
    Dan

Hi Trond,

Good to see you here again neighbor!

We are in discussion with Audio Ease for implementing the "Real Spaces" library for the most recent version of Altiverb.

Gary Garritan

Trond:

Great demo of Altiverb 5. Wish it could replace the AUMatrix crutch I have to use on my Mac laptop.

Good to hear from you again. We know you are busy, but also know that you love music and always strive for the best reproduction possible. Well, what else, being a Phd in Physics..............

Regards,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hi Guys,

Great forum here, it's like coming home when I can break away and get back to it. I think I am over my 'startup hump' at the new job and hope to get very active musically again. I did play live at a local jazz club a few months ago, but that's about it. GPO and GOS have sat idle for far too long.

Jerry, yes, very cool I think.

Gary, that's awesome news about you getting connected with the audio-ease gang. I think one of their long term strategic advantages is the great care and effort that have gone into their impulse response library - their IR's are uniformly excellent and generally held to be a cut above.

Dan, have you decided to get back to Altiverb yet? Hearing this latest version, and what it can do for positioning, must be a motivator? Downside, though, is the effort required to accomplish this level of result. Intuition tells me that there should be a simpler way.

Jack, good to hear from you again. You must be a GPO pro by now? Am I wrong, or weren't you going to go with Cubase SX on your Toshiba? I see you're using Sonar4. Have you linked your two laptops via ethernet to use one as a sound module for the other?

Trond

Go Back to forum