• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 on Win2K Redux?

Share/Bookmark

GS3 on Win2K Redux?

Hi - I know this got asked a while ago but...Is anyone out there running a recent-ish patch version of GS3 on Windows 2000 at all? I know upgrading to XP is the asked-and-answered solution, but just wondering if anyone out there has since braved it and found its working for them.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Re: GS3 on Win2K Redux?

It works for some people, but the bottom line is that you won't know until you try.

My "original" Giga system had GS3 3.04 running on Win2K. It worked perfectly AFAIK. No strange behavior, BSOD's, etc.

I did a massive system upgrade a few months back and also "upgraded" to XP. Similar good results, but your mileage will vary.

I have no concrete or objective evidence, but IMO during the early GS3 days, I believe that I did not experience as many issues as others may have. I attribute this to Win2K's less burdened OS.

Having said that WinXP has been fine for me - although I tweaked the heck out of it to behave like 2K. I would also recommend reading through Tascam's PC Optimization PDF's. Lots of great information applicable to both 2K and XP.

yeah, it works great. I have the latest patch installed.

Win2k is hit or miss. It won't work on any of my machine except one. I'm going to upgrade all of em' to XP soon.

Excellent - Many thanks for the replies - Well that gives me hope that it can be done - A quick question to Aaron if you will - Aaron, on the machines that you have that it didn't work on, were you able to successfully de-install GS3 and re-install GS2.5 reasonably painlessly, i.e. am hoping it doesn't leave any registry debris floating that bombs any re-downgrade?

Cheers
    Paul

Go Back to forum