• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tiger and PC Midilan: NO JOY!!

Share/Bookmark

Tiger and PC Midilan: NO JOY!!

I downloaded the midioverlan demo and LOVED how I was able to connect a Mac Powerbook 1.5, to a Mac Dual 1.25. Quite simple and elegant. Little latency. Very cool!!

I used this as an experiment, and based on it's sucess, bought a VisionDaw PC and an Imac 1.8 G5. I have had NO luck tryint to get Midioverlan to work.

Firt of all, when trying to install it on the PC, it said there was a critical error and advised NOT to complete the install.

On the ne Mac with Tiger, it would not even open the file.

Anybody using Midioverlan with a PC and Mac with Tiger or should I give up on it.

Re: Tiger and PC Midilan: NO JOY!!

Hi dubaifox,

I recently tried out Midioverlan with a PC and Mac with Tiger and I eventually got it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    First of all, when trying to install it on the PC, it said there was a critical error and advised NOT to complete the install.
    I don't know the cause of that error; I didn't experience any problems while installing on the PC (my issues came up later). One thing to check though is that you have installed any required service packs (on win2k, sp4 is required; I'm not sure about on XP) and DirectX 9. Oh, and if you haven't tried this already, try running the installer from an Administrator account.

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    On the new Mac with Tiger, it would not even open the file.
    For this I think I do know the cause. The file you download is compressed with StuffIt, but Tiger does not come with StuffIt Expander installed. Either expand the compressed file on a Mac that has StuffIt Expander (that's what I did) or you can download and install StuffIt Expander on your Tiger Mac.

Hope this helps!
    -psi

Go Back to forum