• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP w/ LEGATO

Share/Bookmark

Smile HELP w/ LEGATO

Hi,

I need some help with the Legato function under Options. I can't seem to get it to function. When set to sustain, I get the expected result from my Kurzweil PC1X's foot pedal - but not when for Legato.

Really no problems with any other aspect of GPO - just the Legato.

I appreciate the time taken but anyone responding to my call for help.

Thank you,
    Dan

Re: HELP w/ LEGATO

If you're using the legato pedal while playing live, be aware that the pedal alone won't create the legato effect - you must also "play" legato on the keyboard. The legato is a two-pronged effect that detects when two notes are played close together, or slightly overlapping and then alters the attack for a smoother legato effect. If you play detached notes on the keyboard, even with the legato pedal down, the effect will not work.

Try recording a line in your sequencer using the legato pedal, then edit in piano roll view so that the notes actually do overlap, then see if that makes a difference. Also, note that this only works for sustaining instruments like strings, winds, brass - not piano or harp or other percussive instruments.

Good luck as you experiment and continue learning your way around GPO. Don't hesitate to continue asking for help if you need it.

Re: HELP w/ LEGATO

Quote Originally Posted by loogoo
    The legato is a two-pronged effect that detects when two notes are played close together, or slightly overlapping and then alters the attack for a smoother legato effect. If you play detached notes on the keyboard, even with the legato pedal down, the effect will not work.
    I see. Thank you very much for your response.

Dan

Go Back to forum