• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2 new GPO pieces

Share/Bookmark

2 new GPO pieces

Hi everyone! Here are two new pieces I'd like to share. God I love the bass trombone 2 solo! Nice and blatty! I love it when the bass bone is all edge and no tone. Anyway "The Dark Plague" is an evil, driving tune. I've had the idea for a while and I've finally gotten around to getting it played by GPO. "Narrow Escape" is another driving tune, with a little bit more of a theme. Both are kind of short, but who cares!?

Brian

http://www.sadlersongs.com/TheDarkPlague.wma
    http://www.sadlersongs.com/narrowescape.wma

Re: 2 new GPO pieces

Excellent work! Your writing is very polished and attention grabbing. My hat is off to you being in the Navy Band, that's a tough audition.
    Val
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Excellent work! Your writing is very polished and attention grabbing. My hat is off to you being in the Navy Band, that's a tough audition.
    Val
    Well, I'm not in THE Navy Band. I play in one of their many fleet bands. I'm currently in Navy Band Northwest in Seattle. The Navy band is cool because I get a chance to bring a lot of my arrangments to be played.

Glad you liked them!
    B

Keep up your good work and maybe you'll make THE band. Nice neck of the woods where you're at. Many, many moons ago I was stationed out there at a little tiny Navy base in Keyport, WA.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Brian:

Great writing and outstanding use of GPO. Seems like you have it all together all at once.

Looking forward to more of your work.

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum