• Register
  • Help

Topic: From the Cool Dept: Lemur Programmable Touchscreen

Share/Bookmark

From the Cool Dept: Lemur Programmable Touchscreen

Cycling'74 reports that the newLemur Programmable Touchscreens "are out of the factory"

"Unlike conventional touchscreen tablets, the Lemur can support multiple simultaneous finger taps, making it, at least theoretically, possible to even play piano on the thing." You can create customized control surfaces merely by dragging intelligent user interface objects onto a layout of the Lemur’s screen. In addition to a piano keyboard, you can load a mixing console or drum pads.

Lemur was designed for “idiosyncratic interface control, because nobody wants to perform all the time on a laptop.” In fact, the Lemur should probably have been called the Chameleon due to its ability to transform itself from a mixing board to a drum machine to video controller, to a way to convert incoming email into MIDI data".

Another must-have toy

Re: From the Cool Dept: Lemur Programmable Touchscreen

Wow! This is so cool

Ooooh, that's nice looking. Looks like it would be a blast to play around with. A little out of my price range though...
    Tim

Beginning of a long-overdue revolution in controller surfaces. Still very limited, proprietary and expensive, but that will change. The gestural spacial controller moves forward another important step. Thanks, Cycling '74 gang, for putting in the sweat equity to bring this to market.

Let the games begin!
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum