• Register
  • Help

Topic: ewctl32 synch error-help

Share/Bookmark

ewctl32 synch error-help

I\'m trying to load GigasamplerLE onto my machine that previously had Gigastudio loaded on it. Gigastudio was uninstalled first, then gigasamplerLE was loaded. When I try to open gigasampler, I get the ewctl32 out of synch error message. i have contacted nemesys..........they take forever to get back to you. Can anyone help?
    Jim

Re: ewctl32 synch error-help

This is just a guess….

Uninstalling GigsaStudio is probably not removing ewctl32.dll from you System folder. When you install the older version, it’s probably not overwriting ewctl32.dll, because there’s a newer version of the file in place. Try uninstalling again and manually delete ewctl32 from the Windows\\System folder.

On the other hand, why would you want to go back to GS LE???

Re: ewctl32 synch error-help

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
    This is just a guess….

Uninstalling GigsaStudio is probably not removing ewctl32.dll from you System folder. When you install the older version, it’s probably not overwriting ewctl32.dll, because there’s a newer version of the file in place. Try uninstalling again and manually delete ewctl32 from the Windows\\System folder.

On the other hand, why would you want to go back to GS LE???
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I\'m a guitar player and just using gigasampler to play midi files to record. I like the rack interface on gigasampler. I\'m not using Gigastudio for what it\'s intended for. i did put LE on another machine. I bought the Conexant150 meg gm bank and it\'s great. I\'m getting ready to buy the gm500. the full midi gm bank just makes it easier to play midi files. I use them for teaching purposes. Gigastudio and gigasampler both have that nice feature of dropping a midi file on top..it opens cakewalk with the proper instruments....what a wonderful life!
    Thanks for your input. I\'ll give it a try.
    Jim

Go Back to forum