I saw someone else posted this recently but noone replied so I might as well ask on my behalf. I just installed GS and have yet to hear a sound because when I try and start the midi loop it says another device is using the audio. Here is what I know:

1) My other sound programs ( Sound Forge, etc.. )play audio
2) I have disabled everything that on the surface that could possibly be interfering ( windows system sounds, etc.... )
3) I have disabled ( as much as I can ) any synth sounds on board my sound card ( tech guy suggestion )
4) I have a SB PCI 128 that shares the same IRQ ( 10 ) as my video cards ( both video cards that I have tried share IRQ 10 with my sound card)

I read another post stating that certain sound cards dont share IRQ\'s? This is a little out of my knowledge base. I have a full mac system so I don\'t want to get to crazy with blowing money ( too late ) on beefed up PC sound cards. Does anyone have any experience with SB Live and the IRQ sharing phenomenon? I am pretty much grasping at straws now. The GS technical help guy has been pretty good about steering me in the right direction but we haven\'t quite nailed it down yet.

TIA

matt