• Register
  • Help

Topic: Latin RMX

Tucson, AZ

Latin RMX

The market in the US may be smaller -- but world-wide my thought is that some solid multi-instrument packs with purely Latin beats would sure help me. Using Bongos, Congas, etc. etc. would sure help me stop considering adding Latigo......and another layer of programming to my overloaded Mac.

Anything in the forseeable future (Eric) -- or should I stay with loops and get Latigo????

Re: Latin RMX

RMX has a wide variety of conga/bongo/cowbell/agogo/ect. loops to use. It's quite easy to create a great latin track with RMX.

Was Spectrasonics working on a Brazilian drum loop collection at some point??

>Was Spectrasonics working on a Brazilian drum loop collection at some point??

Yes, they were. After "Retro Funk" was released both "BackBeat" and something like "Brazilian Beats" were announced. "BackBeat" obviously made it, but I've never heard of "Brazilian Beats" again despite its tasteful purple(?) front CD-cover.

Perhaps Eric can tell us more...
    "I'm worried that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else." Lily Tomlin

Are you referring to Zero-G's Pure Brazilian Beats? Rex lib, plays great in RMX...
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Maybe Eric could shed some light here..
    Is there plans for releasing a Spectasonic brazilian beat expander in the near future??

many thanks

No, I'm not refering to the Zero-G title thesoundsmith. I'm sure it was a Spectrasonics title in pre-production.

As we've said for several years, the awesome Brazilian stuff we have in the vaults will be released someday....you'll just have to wait and see.

if we were in the dating forum, you would be what we call a TEASE, Eric..
    just bring it out. you know we want it BADLY.. :-)
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum