• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audio Interface w/Lightpipe

Share/Bookmark

Audio Interface w/Lightpipe

I\'m looking to use Lightpipe out of it into a digital mixer which is slaved to another digital mixer (both O1Vs), which is master clocked by the PCI 324 in the Mac.

The Gina24 cannot lock to second or third generation clock. My experiment shows the 2408 can, but the specs at the Nemesys website indicate the 2408 in quite \"impaired\" with GigaStudio.

How can I get Lightpipe out and all the functions of GigaStudio, while clocking to that second O1V ?

Any info greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

Re: Audio Interface w/Lightpipe

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doc:
    Check into separate master clock generator like a low jitter Aardvark unit. From what I\'ve read about other\'s experiences this provides less time smear to all the digital units and equals tighter/better sound. Good luck<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, this is not an option. My O1Vs do not have master clock connections. This audio interface has to chain and clock in a stable manner. Any other suggestions ?

Check into separate master clock generator like a low jitter Aardvark unit. From what I\'ve read about other\'s experiences this provides less time smear to all the digital units and equals tighter/better sound. Good luck

Sorry I didn\'t help. You should give the tech support guys at Aardvark a call and tell them of your problem, they may have an answer (maybe their Aark 24 card/ breakout box may do it since it has an ADAT lightpipe interface). I think the Aardvark web site may even list a toll free number.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doc:
    Sorry I didn\'t help. You should give the tech support guys at Aardvark a call and tell them of your problem, they may have an answer (maybe their Aark 24 card/ breakout box may do it since it has an ADAT lightpipe interface). I think the Aardvark web site may even list a toll free number.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your input.
    I\'m trying a Hammerfall card tomorrow.
    Hoping for better results.

I don\'t know what you\'re refering to when you say the 2408 doesn\'t go well with gigastudio..
    I had tried to run it and Logic Audio on the same puter with too many problems..
    Now I have a dedicated puter running logic with a 2408(Win) and a second puter running gigastudio 96 with another 2408... I love it no crashes etc..
    Motu has terrible tech support for windoze.. But I haven\'t had that issue now that it\'s on it\'s own puter..
    Brian
    I also can chain the 2nd 2408 to logic if I need to run more tracks which was very easy to do..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seclusion:
    I don\'t know what you\'re refering to when you say the 2408 doesn\'t go well with gigastudio..
    I had tried to run it and Logic Audio on the same puter with too many problems..
    Now I have a dedicated puter running logic with a 2408(Win) and a second puter running gigastudio 96 with another 2408... I love it no crashes etc..
    Motu has terrible tech support for windoze.. But I haven\'t had that issue now that it\'s on it\'s own puter..
    Brian
    I also can chain the 2nd 2408 to logic if I need to run more tracks which was very easy to do..
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will try the 2408 if the Hammerfall does not work for me. The ability to clock to a second/third hand source is crucial for me.
    I have used the 2408 very successfully with Digital Performer for years.

Go Back to forum