• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Nightwinds for Orchestra GPO Rendering

Share/Bookmark

Nightwinds for Orchestra GPO Rendering

This is the GPO rendering of Nightwinds. The only non-GPO instruments are the windchimes and the piano clusters. The windchimes are from my back porch and the piano clusters for the piano at my church.

This piece is scheduled to be recorded by the Kiev Philharmonic for ERM Media the first week of August.

http://ronwilliamsmusic.net/MP3/Nigh...ith%20Comp.mp3

Enjoy
    Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO

Re: Nightwinds for Orchestra GPO Rendering

Ron:

A totally, engrossing piece. This "captures" the listener and is so well produced it is hard to think of it as a sample library rendition. Outstanding devices used. Liked the canonic imitation slightly passed the middle of 5:51. Very well scored. However, after 5:51 the music stopped abruptly. Was all of the piece supposed to be revealed or just the first part?

Congratulations on having this composition recorded. It should be. I like this type of "modern" music because it is not too "way out"--easily understandable.

Excellent!

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Ron,

Cool!

Dan

Ron, how long is the piece supposed to be? It sounded like the piece was only half over when it cut off. I'd really like to hear the end!

Let us know when the CD is released. I'll plan to buy one!

Can't wait to hear the rest.

edit: I just looked at your website. I see the piece is supposed to be 12:29 long. So I was close!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Thumbs up Re: Nightwinds for Orchestra GPO Rendering

As I have already said when you have posted this before:
    SIMPLY GREAT!!!
    Sincerely,
    Roberto

Thanks for the kind words!

<<However, after 5:51 the music stopped abruptly. Was all of the piece supposed to be revealed or just the first part?>>

YIKES, no this piece is 12:29 long and I intended it to be played all the way. And, the best is yet to come. I'll have to see what the problem is on with the link to my website.

When I get the mp3 fixed, I'd love for you all to listen again and hear the ending.

Thanks
    Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO

Wow I usually don't like modern type works but this really caught my attention and kept it, very engrossing work it's just too bad the mp3 file is only 5 minutes not the 12 you said you had written. But I will come back frequently to check if you have updated the full file.

Hey guys, thanks for the tip that my Nightwinds mp3 was short. I've re-uploaded it to my website, checked it out and the entire 12:29 is there now.

Please take another listen...the best stuff happens after 5:51
    :-)

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO

Quote Originally Posted by ChoralBoss
    Hey guys, thanks for the tip that my Nightwinds mp3 was short. I've re-uploaded it to my website, checked it out and the entire 12:29 is there now.

Please take another listen...the best stuff happens after 5:51
    :-)

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    Ron: You are right about the best part coming after 5:51. Just a great piece. One thing I noticed---between 10 min and 12 min I heard pulsating instruments. Is this intended or just a few wild "samples?"

Excellent piece. Downloaded it for future playing.

Ron
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

WOW!

dpDan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast