• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Remembering Home

Share/Bookmark

Smile Remembering Home

OK - I'm going to post my first attempt using GPO.

1st I want to thank Gary Garritan for providing me with stellar strings! I am so happy that my music actually sounds alive now. I have a long way to go before I master the recording process, but I'm so excited that, although not near perfect, my music now sounds good enough to allow others to critique it for the content and not just the inadequate recording.

This is a movement from a suite that I'm writing. I'm not sure what to title anything so I am open to suggestions. I write very simply - nothing challenging, but that's my style for now. Perhaps I will progress as I write more.

http://ia108613.us.archive.org/3/ite...beringHome.mp3

(I still am clumsy with the instruments so the flute, piano, some winds and glass bell are not GPO. I will practice getting those performances better and re-record them.)

Thank you for any comments good or bad. I really appreciate you taking the time to listen.

Best,
    Paula

Re: Remembering Home

Welcome and Congrats paula,on a great piece brought to life with some Great GPO sounds.Particularly expressive cello writing.You have made a good start with GPO,and we all look forward to hearing more of your work.
    regards

Thank you Joaz for your kind remarks. I am really enjoying interacting with such a professional group of musicians. ~Paula

Hi Paula:

Tried your link, but I am getting, "Page Cannot Be Displayed."

Are you connected with Univ. of California at Davis? I'm a Sacramentan.

Would like to hear your GPO effort.

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

bummer, I couldn't listen either

I'll try again later.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    bummer, I couldn't listen either

I'll try again later.
    Dan
    I think there was something wrong with the website yesterday because I was unable to access it. I just tried it today and it seems to be working. If it still doesn't work, I reload it.

By the way, I recorded my solos too loud so you can't really hear the pizzicatos at the beginning unless you can turn your volume up. In my next mix, I fix that. Sorry if I blew anyones computer speakers.

~PD

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Are you connected with Univ. of California at Davis? I'm a Sacramentan.
    Actually, the PI for the program that I'm administrating is a physicist at UCDavis. I'm at UCOP in Oakland. I'm not too crazy about the venue. The building is OK, but the neighborhood is less desirable. I don't mean to give Oakland a bad rap, but sometimes you can't escape the obvious. Hope I didn't offend anyone!

~PD

Paula:

Thanks for responding. Well, at least you can go see the Oakland As if you are into baseball. Heh, heh.

Your site plays well now and I was able to listen to your composition. I think you have a good grasp of GPO and know what you want to do with it. We look forward to more of your work.

The opening pizz. was fine for me on playback. No volume adjustment necessary.

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Superb first GPO post and superb piece. I like your style of writing and Joaz is right, excellent cello. You'll find that GPO has a wonderful flute so hurry up and get into it.
    Val
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Thank you Val and John for giving me a thumbs up. Since I'm just in the beginning stages with GPO, it is nice to have your encouragement to keep on plugging.
    ~PD

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast