• Register
  • Help

Topic: RME Digi9652 (slightly OT)

Share/Bookmark

RME Digi9652 (slightly OT)

I have wanted to change my Gina20 for Gigastudio to something else and digital for some time. But I still want to be able to use my outboard gear - and some of it has SPDIF in, so I was wondering if it is possible to route the same signal to an ADAT output and an SPDIF output on the Digi9652 at the same time? That way I could send the SPDIF into my TC M-ONE and the ADAT directly for recording in my Pulsar on the other machine - is this possible?

Re: RME Digi9652 (slightly OT)

Bump... no Hammerfall guys know???

Simon,

I have the Digi9652 combined with the ADI 8 DS. It\'s a killer sounding unit! The GSIF drivers are a little flakey right now though. I\'m sure though that they will get them irnoned out soon.

Donnie

OK donnie, but do you know the answer of my question? Can I send the same signal out both to ADAT and SPDIF? At the same time.

(Sorry to intrude on this thread, Simon!)

Donnie, what\'s flakey in the GSIF drivers? I\'m thinking of getting this card myself.

Oh sorry....I forgot....yes you can

Ursatz,

I have been getting clicks every once in awhile. It doesn\'t seem to be releated to latency either. I spoke with the guys at Soundchaser about this and they said that RME should be working on a new driver.

Donnie

Donnie
    I thought you mentioned when you bought your new machine that it is pop and click free[or are you talking about your older machine].
    Im not trying to give you a hard time but Im in the process of putting together a simular machine to yours[1.4 athlon /asus A7V board] because of the success that you have had with it and I was looking foward to no pops and clicks .
    Also Donnie are you using name brand or generic ram and is it ECC or non ECC.
    Thanks , Ken

Kenn,

No problem at all....actually yes it is on the new machine. I didn\'t have the problem right at first, or at least I didn\'t notice it as much but it has crept in recently. I contacted Soundchaser and they confirmed it was the driver. Other than that it\'s a killer sounding card.

Donnie

Hi Donnie

Have you ever tried to capture to file while using your RME driver? I have the exact same card and GSt produces empty files, but only while using the RME driver - other GSIF drivers allow normal WAV files.

Can you try this? I will owe you BIG time...

Go Back to forum