SampleTekk's proud to present:

Tubed Keys - Mk I 73, The Rhodes Challenger

When recording a Rhodes piano, nearly all, (or all?), instruments that has been recorded for a sampled instrument are lined. That means that you take the signal from the instrument, and feed it directly to the recording device.
This means that you will get a very clean, bright signal. And that is, in itself, a good thing!

This is exactly why I choose not to do so!

When Fender tuned and set up the Rhodes pianos in the factory, they used a Fender Twin as a preference amplifier.
This Rhodes doesn’t sound like a lined Rhodes, it sounds like a Rhodes played through a Fender Twin! Because this is exactly what it is - A Rhodes played through a Fender Twin.
The amp wasn’t set up to produce distortion, just to add character and flavour, and it did!
This is what makes the SampleTekk Mk I 73 a unique sounding sampled Rhodes piano.

The Mk I Seventy-Three has no less then 16 different velocity samples/note and this gives you the dynamic response that’s not found on any other sampled Rhodes. Add to this 16 matching release samples and you’ll have 32 samples/note!

TK MkI 73 will ship August 10:th but if you preorder your Mk I 73 before August 10:th, you will pay only $75, that's a whopping 50% discount!!!! (Normal price, $150)

To order and download mp3-demos, go here!