• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Anyone using 1 gig of ram?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using 1 gig of ram?

So - is anyone running win98se or WinMe with a gig of ram, or is 768 meg effectively the limit?

Re: Anyone using 1 gig of ram?

Hi,

I have 1Gb of RAM, Athlon 800,and win 98..
    I load as much instruments as I want now, and my RAM usage never goes over 50%...
    I do have occasional cliks and pops that are driving me nuts, but I don\'t think they have to do with RAM...

I have 1Gb of RAM, Athlon 800,and win 98..
    I load as much instruments as I want now, and my RAM usage never goes over 50%...
    I do have occasional cliks and pops that are driving me nuts, but I don\'t think they have to do with RAM...
    -------------------------------------------

Take out half of the ram, see if the probs go away with only 512mb installed.

I went from 512mb to 1gb and didn\'t notice any performance problems. However no matter how much RAM you have, Gigastudio seems to load instruments extremely slowly when you get about 3-400mb....
    ---------------------------

Strange. I only have 512 mb, but I use up to 75% of the ram, and I\'ve never had this problem. I used 756 mb before, when I had my a7v mainboard. Didn\'t have the problem then either.

Are you sure? ) It just says zzzzzzzzzzzzz.... at some point it starts getting real slow. I had the problem on another mobo with 768 mb ram so I\'d say it\'s a general problem. I am not the first to report it either.

Are you sure? ) It just says zzzzzzzzzzzzz.... at some point it starts getting real slow. I had the problem on another mobo with 768 mb ram so I\'d say it\'s a general problem. I am not the first to report it either.

I have the slow loading problem as well, ussualy I just start loading the performance file and go make a coffe and return in about 10-15 minutes...that\'s how long it takes..

I have the slow loading problem as well, ussualy I just start loading the performance file and go make a coffe and return in about 10-15 minutes...that\'s how long it takes..

Maybe it\'s because your computer is doing everything twice. (joke)

I have a P3-800 with VIA chip set and 768Mb memory. It loads at \"full speed\" -- don\'t notice any slowing. When I heard that some people were experiencing a slowdown after 50 percent, I thought it was maybe 10 or 20 percent change, not tens of minutes.

BTW, I have virtual memory completely turned off and video set for no acceleration.

clueless

Go Back to forum