• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any Korg Triton users/owners here?

Share/Bookmark

Any Korg Triton users/owners here?

I\'m thinking of getting the Triton Rack for live use and hopefully use as a hardware sampler for some of my favorite samplers; and would like some opinions. Much of my collection is in SF2 or Akai format which I imported into Giga and hopefully can send to the Triton.

Re: Any Korg Triton users/owners here?

Hi,

I use the Triton Keyboard, gig files are not supported for import. Akai lib is ok but only the samples are imported, no filters ect.
    I´m using the sampler not often, because the giga is better to handle. The other Triton sounds are very good, I use PCM extentsions
    classic keyboards, studio esentials and moss board also. If you plan to use the sampler often it is better to use a internal HD from musitronics in germany. I think it has a capacity of about 5GB. I have an older version of 3GB, but it works pretty good.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carlgt1:
    I\'m thinking of getting the Triton Rack for live use and hopefully use as a hardware sampler for some of my favorite samplers; and would like some opinions. Much of my collection is in SF2 or Akai format which I imported into Giga and hopefully can send to the Triton.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, well I bought Awave Studio and planned to convert samples around. I\'m not really sure what\'s the best native format for the Triton as a sampler. I just wanted a few of my fave Giga sounds for live use. I don\'t feel confident in bringing a PC or laptop as a sound module to a gig! Or maybe I should look into something like an Akai 3000 or 5000; but I like the nice (and many) presets of the Triton.

Hi carlgt1
    I think the Akai Lib is the better choice
    for the Triton Workstation. Many User have Akai sounds ( I´m also ). But converting it from Akai to Triton will lost the filter settings.
    The other way is to by a Akai sampler it is very cheap ( I have also 3 Akai´s S3000 ).
    If you don´t use a PC on live stage. But remember with a PC you will have more capabilities.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carlgt1:
    Hi, well I bought Awave Studio and planned to convert samples around. I\'m not really sure what\'s the best native format for the Triton as a sampler. I just wanted a few of my fave Giga sounds for live use. I don\'t feel confident in bringing a PC or laptop as a sound module to a gig! Or maybe I should look into something like an Akai 3000 or 5000; but I like the nice (and many) presets of the Triton.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I\'m still thinking of maybe a PC or laptop onstage. I\'d hate to lug around a monitor etc, but my laptop experience with digital audio (a Dell Inspiron 8000) was a total fiasco thanks to Dell\'s poor design (the fan causes audio stuttering when it kicks in). I did pick up a used Akai CD3000i sampler so maybe I\'ll try that. I bought Awave Studio & Chicken Systems Translator to make nice \"live ready\" CD\'s for the Akai.

carlgt1:
    I\'m still thinking of maybe a PC or laptop onstage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to a concert Saturday night, and one of the opening bands, Nile, used a laptop for all their intros/outros. It worked out decently. I tried to see what they were using, but I didn\'t recognize it. (It wasn\'t GS though. ) I suppose if you had a setlist and didn\'t deviate from it, you could just have MP3\'s of what you needed and WinAmp them off a Win2K laptop. Nile was running Win98. (Yes, only a true computer geek would notice things like that.)

well I was thinking mainly more for a live performance super-duper sampler/sound module than as just a glorifed DJ. I think I am going to try a PC live; my GS96 & Win98SE has been running pretty stable. I bought a nice little carrying case for my monitor and PC.

Go Back to forum