• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: In Appreciation of Styxx

Orcas Island

In Appreciation of Styxx

I wanted to recognize Styxx for all he does - for brightening up the lives of many people on this forum. He has been a wonderful moderator and we are very lucky to have him with us.

Styxx has been here for us. Always asking how people are doing and asking about those who are absent. He encourages us all and brings out the best in us.

People tell me they look forward to coming to the forum to start their day with a smile by reading Styxx's posts. They talk about his good nature, his wit, humor, and caring. He gives of himself selflessly and doesn't expect a thing in return. When I start my day I face many tasks, but when I read Styxx's posts it lightens the load.

Roberto (beach) has written this beautiful song for Styxx:

Please join me in wishing Styxx all the best for him and his family and return the well wishes has so generously given to all of us. If you want to add a note or email a signature to add to the list, feel free to do so.

Re: In Appreciation of Styxx

Wow. This is great!

And I'll add my love for Mike on this thread as well. He's been a great friend to me and has always prodded me along when I needed motivation and has been a mentor to me. His posts make me smile when I have shoddy day and that means a lot. The world's full of enough grief. Its good to have someone you can look to to make the day better.

I too hope everything fairs well for the family my friend! Sorry I haven't been around as much and have been a pretty crappy friend of late.

Calgary, AB, Canada

Add my "virtual" signature to that list!

I'm still MORE than happy to help him with his computer troubles! (Hey, you gotta' be good at something, right?)
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

West Seneca, NY

Red face Re: In Appreciation of Styxx

You guys have just ruined my mascara! I don't know what to say but ... There is something more special about all of you I know in my heart. Even those in the past who have given us a bit of negative I love them no less than the rest. I would sit here and and write for hours how each and everyone of you has become an important part of my thoughts. Your music has never been anything but amazing to me.
    Yet, there is one man who started this all and who really is the one who should be recognized here. Mr. Gary Garritan without whom none of us would have ever known each other nor our music's!
    I am deeply touched and grateful for you all. And I mean ALL! Now, going out on a limb here ... here is the last piece I worked on for a friend of mine. Click on my web site link and look for "Gentle Soul". It is by far not the best I've ever sung but hey, what can you expect from a 52 year old voice box? Dang thing has seen better days! Man, ya know!
    Thanks ever so much Gary. As the Tin Man from the Wizard of OZ said, "Now I know I have a heart." And as Popeye would say, "Garsh ... how embariskin."
    You guys are crazy~! Now let me go and fix my makeup...

Hey nice going,with Gentle Soul,love the modulation @ 2.30,and the Albinoni Adagio type string passages in the Coda.You can NOT be serious about giving up composing. .I mean a little break never hurt anybody,but giving up.??
    What are you, Crazy.?
    Love to you and all your family.

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    What are you, Crazy.?
    Why yes, he is. Quite. And that's why we love him!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer

I'm all verklempt!

A forum without you Styxx would be like pie with no crust- just a mess.

The highest well being of both you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks, Styxx for being you!

Best wishes,

Gentle Soul is really good! The production is great and the way you orchestrated it is terrific.

Well Styxx, I must say that I can think of no one else here who deserves such adulation and praise.

So sit, shut, and accept it with all the aplomb and grace that you normally exhibit.

Go Back to forum