• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spider in the Cider

Share/Bookmark

Spider in the Cider

With so many things being in various stages of completion, all floating around my head and on mountains of fluttering manuscript paper, I wonder how anything is ever completed! Well, here is the first movement of one them. I have plans for something a bit more cantabile but I think you may notice that this is not the one.

Spider in the Cider
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/mp3/7/1/5/71550.mp3

The score, if you want a look:

Spider in the Cider
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=71550

Re: Spider in the Cider

I enjoyed this piece very much,it bristles with a sinister kind of energy.
    Incidentally I live in the cider making part of the UK.Sometimes called Avalon.(Land of Apples).
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    I enjoyed this piece very much,it bristles with a sinister kind of energy.
    Incidentally I live in the cider making part of the UK.Sometimes called Avalon.(Land of Apples).
    cheers
    Well, thanks. I am pleased that my idea comes across. The remaining two parts will be butterflies and bees.

I always wondered what Avalon meant, just considered it mostly as about synonymous with Shangrila.

I wish better connections were available here so I could listen to more music. Downloading or streaming on dialup is really time consuming. That is the downside of living on the edge of nowhere. Water line ends, no gas service, end of mail service, end of garbage pickup service. No patols by sheiff. But I do have visitors, mainly at night, some with ferocious teeth and claws. For excitement, I can watch buzzards knocking branches off redwood trees! Or I can take a walk and try to avoid all the poison oak.

Richard

Richard! The more I listen to your material, the more I enjoy it... and with some history, now, I believe I'm grasping more and more of your unique idiom and vocabulary.

I particularly enjoyed this piece... well done!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum