• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Pop" every few minutes, whether playing or not

Share/Bookmark

\"Pop\" every few minutes, whether playing or not

This is an odd one -- I\'ve noticed that sometimes with my Echo Mia card & Gigasampler I hear a loud \"pop\" every few minutes, whether I am actually playing Gigasampler or just sitting (idling) on the
    screen (e.g. doing something else). I have never noticed this behavior when using other apps alone such as Sonar.

Re: \"Pop\" every few minutes, whether playing or not

Well in case anyone cares; I turned off video acceleration and \"Animate Windows\" in Display Properties in Windoze and it\'s all fine.

hey,

I used to have the same problem with the ECHO Mia, but with Nuendo/Cubase/Logic. I was trying ALL the possible tweaks, but I still got these clicks. I went to the shop and exchange for another MIA (suspecting a manufacturing problem). Didn\'t work. Eventually I exchanged it for Audiophile 2496 which IS multiclient and is just great.

I guess that MIA is behaving like this in certain (not all) conditions (hardware).

mihmar

well the Mia tech support got back to me quick and told me to try another PCI slot and/or drop the video hardware acceleration to nothing and that\'s what did the trick. The card has been working fine with no more pops (8 hours straight!)

Go Back to forum