• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Variazioni per piccola orchestra over a Bartok's theme

Share/Bookmark

Smile Variazioni per piccola orchestra over a Bartok's theme

Long, long time ago, I can still remember...my professor giving me this piano theme, by Bela Bartok:
    Tema di Bela Bartok

It was the theme for the composition of 3 variazioni for piccola orchestra, over the theme, preparing the examination test.

Even if it's not my usual style, finding it in my files, I did the GPO rendition, to hear the sound of actual samples with my old composition.

I. Andante, 4/4 theme orchestrated.
    II. Allegretto marziale, 2/4 variazione I (re-exposition of the theme, as a canon, with military march atmosphere)
    III. Waltz, 3/4 variazione II (theme for moto contrario, as a dance)
    IV. Presto, 7/8 variazione III (theme dissection, with counterpoint elaboration, floating over an ostinato, and little fugato conclusive coda)

Tre variazioni per piccola orchestra su un tema di Bela Bartok

It's a modest and short piece, but I find it still interesting.
    If some student would like to discuss the form, I will be happy chatting about it.

Re: Variazioni per piccola orchestra over a Bartok's theme

Ah, Fabio, a most worthwhile and well-made piece!

It may not be your usual style -- but it certainly displays your usual mastery of your craft.

I for one am pleased you decided to render this. I have listened to the piece several times, each time with a greater appreciation of it.

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thumbs up Re: Variazioni per piccola orchestra over a Bartok's theme

Hey Fabio,
    great!!!
    I am always amazed by your composition and also for your GPO orchestral rendition.
    It is really nice and I would like to make what you have done.
    So give us more of your music Fabio.

With admiration...
    Roberto

A truelly amazing work of incredible subtilty. Your colors, textures and counterpoint were wonderful.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Red face Re: Variazioni per piccola orchestra over a Bartok's theme

Thanks friends.
    I was thinking to you all posting this piece, because I know you are working with counterpoint and style.

Even if politonality and frequent dissonance are not "easy listening" I hope anyway some other forum member may find inspiration in our work.

Bravo Fabio.There is much fascinating invention in these variations,they have subtlety and depth,but such an attractive surface,that the listener wants to go deeper into the piece.
    Great use of GPO too.
    Excellent work.
    regards

FAB(io)ULOUS!!!!

You have done this piece great justice. Your arrangement and orchestration is outstanding. You got this mix just right and it is very natural sounding!.

Fabio, I would like to feature this on the GPO demo page.

Simply amazing! Thanks so much for posting this.

Bravo!

Gary Garritan

Red face Re: Variazioni per piccola orchestra over a Bartok's theme

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    FAB(io)ULOUS!!!!

You have done this piece great justice. Your arrangement and orchestration is outstanding. You got this mix just right and it is very natural sounding!.

Fabio, I would like to feature this on the GPO demo page.

Simply amazing! Thanks so much for posting this.

Bravo!

Gary Garritan
    Thanks Gary, ...

Fabio:

An outstanding piece and so marvelously produced with GPO. I particularly liked your clarinet part and then at about 2:17 that exciting brass entrance. It really shows what a great library GPO is and in your hands, you make it sing.

Bravo!

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Fabio,

There was only one thing wrong with this - it ended. You set up a soundstage that is very natural and believable. The sampled instruments benefit greatly from being placed in a convincing space and you have accomplished that. I'd like to hear more writing like this from you. I love Bartok and you've handled the variations adroitly.

Tom

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast