• Register
  • Help

Topic: SOUNDCHASER SYSTEM w/ Clicks and pops

Share/Bookmark

SOUNDCHASER SYSTEM w/ Clicks and pops

I had a full blown system built at Soundchaser. They\'ve been absolutely first rate with there technical support but I\'m still running into a few problems with the machine. When I load the memory to around 60-70% I start to get a few clicks and pops. They\'ve instructed me to delete samples in memory to around 15% and then reload the setup. This will jog the ram somehow and end the click and pop problem. I need to test it more comprehensively, but I do think this is fixing my problem. However, it seems like too much of a workaround for a custom built system. Does anyone else out there understand why this problem is happening, and what else may be done to fix it? Is anyone else out there with a larger Soundchaser system experiencing this at all?? Thanks

Re: SOUNDCHASER SYSTEM w/ Clicks and pops

This is a common problem with GS & samples loading up memory and has nothing to do with the Soundchaser system specifically. You can probably search through the archives here with this workaround described (e.g. unload to 10-15% etc).

Definitely a problem with GigaStudio and not your DAW. I have the same problem and the fix works everytime. At least the samples load much quicker the 2nd time!

Hi guys,
    This unloading samples workaround is news to me. I thought maybe I had a soundcard driver problem, but maybe it is this problem that introduces the occasional clicks and pops that I get.
    How does this work? Can one simply save the performance, exit, then reload it from file? Or must this hokey sounding fix be done manually, by detaching instruments, deleting the unassigned instruments, then reloading them?
    Thanks for any good tips.
    Trond.

It\'s probably easiest to search the archives here, it\'s been a well-documented and explained problem in GS.

I load in a performance. Then delete instruments until 14-15% memory is filled. Then I load in a small performance. Then I load the original performance back in. No clicks or pops then!

The original posts mentioned to load in a small performance before loading the large performance back in. I\'m not sure if this is necessary.

Thanks, guys.

It\'s still not quite clear to me. I did try a search, but apparently I am missing the \'magic words\' to find this well documented problem and solution.

I\'d appreciate another pointer or two.

Thanks,
    Trond

sorry, I guess the magic search term is \"2 minutes\" since that\'s the interval of the pops & clicks. Hopefully this link will directly take you to the thread:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/Forum4/HTML/000345.html

Carl,
    Thank you, the link you posted took me right to the secret page !

Go Back to forum