• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS can't find ANY MIDI devices

Share/Bookmark

GS can\'t find ANY MIDI devices

GStudio can\'t find any MIDI inputs. I\'m using a USB Midisport 2x2 with the latest 1.05 drivers. I think the MIDIsport is A-OK. The little green \"I\'m breathing\" light is on, the input lights flash when I send it input, and the output lights flash when I play .MID files and route them via the Control Panel to the Midiman outputs. The GStudio diagnostics report finding both pairs (in & out) of Midiman ports and both NemeSys Midi Out ports. Everything seems to be in order, but GStudio is impervious to Midi input, even on its control surface. The little MIDI boxes under the keyboard in the menu window on the left are both gray.

My system was just completely reinstalled from scratch. I have only the latest Midiman and M-audio drivers. My Control Panel reports that a \"PCI bridge\" is an unknown device, but everything else shows green.

What else can I try?

Robert

Re: GS can\'t find ANY MIDI devices

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rwparker:
    GStudio can\'t find any MIDI inputs. I\'m using a USB Midisport 2x2 with the latest 1.05 drivers. I think the MIDIsport is A-OK. The little green \"I\'m breathing\" light is on, the input lights flash when I send it input, and the output lights flash when I play .MID files and route them via the Control Panel to the Midiman outputs. The GStudio diagnostics report finding both pairs (in & out) of Midiman ports and both NemeSys Midi Out ports. Everything seems to be in order, but GStudio is impervious to Midi input, even on its control surface. The little MIDI boxes under the keyboard in the menu window on the left are both gray.

My system was just completely reinstalled from scratch. I have only the latest Midiman and M-audio drivers. My Control Panel reports that a \"PCI bridge\" is an unknown device, but everything else shows green.

What else can I try?

Robert
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Robert,

I have Emagic\'s Unitor mkii (USB device) and sometimes the same thing happens to me. To fix it exit GigaStudio, turn off your USB MIDI device, turn it back on, and load GigaStudio again. This also occurs with Logic Audio, I believe it has to do with USB devices being recognized at bootup. In general I turn on my PC first and after it boots turn on my USB MIDI device. Hope that helps.

- Mike

Re: GS can\'t find ANY MIDI devices

Thanks for the suggestion.

It seems that after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers six times, everything works. For the moment.

Robert

Go Back to forum