• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2

N e one out there know how to set up Kontakt 2 to run with sibelius 3? N e help would be appreciated

Re: Kontakt 2

Quote Originally Posted by Struggler06
    N e one out there know how to set up Kontakt 2 to run with sibelius 3? N e help would be appreciated
    Struggler,
    I can't help you since I don't use Sibelius, but I know that several people around here can. Many of them are off at the NAMM show right now, so be patient and "bump" the thread every couple of days.

Regards,
    Jim
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    Struggler,
    I can't help you since I don't use Sibelius, but I know that several people around here can. Many of them are off at the NAMM show right now, so be patient and "bump" the thread every couple of days.

Regards,
    Jim
    ;-)
    What's this "Bump" thing I see here now and then?

Richard

"Bump" is when you add a new post to a thread, to bump it to the top of the forum list of unread threads - to keep it visible.

i’m no expert in sibelius but the procedure is pretty standard when running Kontakt as a standalone, i don’t think Sibelius supports VST or DX plug-ins.
    first open kontakt and under File-audio/midi setup assign the midi-in port (eg Maple MIDI in port 1)that kontakt will receive information on.

now open sibelius and open Play-Devices and enable the output port (eg Maple MIDI out port 1)
    still in sibelius open Windows-mixer and in the Device dropdown assign the previously enabled midi port (ie Maple MIDI out port 1)

everything should now go all right but Kontakt has I think always to be opened first.

hope this is of help.

slán go foill

mick ó c

Go Back to forum