• Register
  • Help

Topic: Terratec EWS88 MT help please!!!

Share/Bookmark

Terratec EWS88 MT help please!!!

Well there are new drivers for the ews88 and they finally support multiclient for audio and gsif. But they don\'t work. With the old drivers i could select the GSIF driver in Gigastudio but I can\'t now. The only possibility to select is SystemWave but this one doesn\'t work. I use GigaStudio 160 v2.01.8 and win98ME.

Further I have always had (all the drivers) the problem that when I select the SystemWave driver in Windows ME and 98 SE. I get no sound at all even not normal audio.

I need help or is there a place where I can download the old driver so I can at least work with GigaStudio.

Thanks!!!

Robbert

Re: Terratec EWS88 MT help please!!!

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

I tried to use the new multiclient drivers as well. I can\'t get them to work either. It seems gigastudio isn\'t getting any midi information, even though nothing had changed settings wise from the previous drivers. Even the virtual keyboard doesn\'t work, so I can\'t even see if there is any audio.
    As there was no instructions with the new drivers or how to use the control panel, is there anyone who could tell me exactly what I have to do in the control panel to make Gigastudio work?

Cheers

Simon (giga novice)

I tried to use the new multiclient drivers as well. I can\'t get them to work either. It seems gigastudio isn\'t getting any midi information, even though nothing had changed settings wise from the previous drivers. Even the virtual keyboard doesn\'t work, so I can\'t even see if there is any audio.
    As there was no instructions with the new drivers or how to use the control panel, is there anyone who could tell me exactly what I have to do in the control panel to make Gigastudio work?

Cheers

Simon (giga novice)

Yes...trash your Terrortec and get a Midiman
    or EgoSys audio card. I sold my EWX 24/96 after wasting days and weeks to get this crapo running with Gigastudio without clicks and pops. Anyway, the Terrortec driver are always beta.

think I should give Terratec a little credit here: since I\'ve installed the beta multiclient drivers ( April 2001, they\'re still available) I get ( simultaneously) perfect ASIO and GSIF functionality with my Terratec EWS 88MT

I didn\'t download the new available drivers in August, because I have a working system now :=))

have to say I\'m a mild GS user, mainly use it for drums, max. 4 channels

What you have to avoid is routing both GS and audio over the same outputs, this will definitely give cracks and pops

Does somebody know where I can download the old (non audio/gsif multiclient) drivers?

Thanks very much

Robbert

Hi I have the same problem. How did you solve it?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UKSimon:

Cheers

Simon (giga novice)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well just use the newest version of GigaStudio and it is solved. The multiclient mode will work then.
    Good Luck

Go Back to forum