• Register
  • Help

Topic: A piano composition

A piano composition

Despite being a trained pianist, I rarely compose for the piano. Thanks to Worra's recent sale on the light version of the Black Grand I finally got myself a more up to date piano, and was inspired to do something with it:

This is the second in a planned set of three Rhapsodies for piano. Who knows, I may finally get around to completing them now.

Thoughts and opinions are quite welcome of course.

Re: A piano composition

lovely example of this piano sample. It sounds like you are a real piano player. If you could play this for a date after sipping cognac in a darkly lit room, I bet they'd be smitten!

I'm not enough of a music analyst to say much more than I really enjoyed this.

Hi JC5.

One of the great rewards as a sample producer is when you hear people making so good use of ones product. You are truly talented and I'm happy and prouid that you have chosen a piano from our line to express yyourself with!

Arf, arf, arf...

By permission I would like to put up this link to jc5's great piece in mp3 format:

The piano used here is the Steiny D that you can get for only $40, (normal price $80) from SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Metrobot - thanks for the kind words! I'll have to keep your usage suggestion in mind.

Worra - thanks for your kind words, and thanks for producing such fine instruments!

This piano is capable of a great deal - it is going to be fun to explore those possibilities.

What else to say but

Wow... the aggressive parts really sound great.

Nice work.

Thanks for the kind words jsp2, carlmsmith, and Ninevoltaudio!

The piano does quite well with aggressive passages - and with the pedal applied, the sound is just gorgeous.
    All this means that it should be very effective for work with piano and orchestra... <sigh> as soon as I get the time..

Go Back to forum