• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Come on Gary Guys team.....remember us??

Share/Bookmark

Come on Gary Guys team.....remember us??

I say old chaps, how about a few crumbs from the NAMM table for the 'second tier' freelance posters? I really was expecting to wake up this morning to more news or demos or something.

Is everything OK?

Frank

PS As Richard N suggests it looks like the entire core posting team has gone with Gary to NAMM!

Re: Come on Gary Guys team.....remember us??

When I get back to college with a high speed connection and much more free time (since I don't do that studying thing), I'll be here much more often . . . Dial-up is so evil!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

It's a conspiracy headed by Tom from preventing any news from reaching Hardy.

There's quite a group here. The show is over in about 6 hours. I'm sure you'll be hearing more about the show from the forum members once the show is over.

I'll write more when I return.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    I say old chaps, how about a few crumbs from the NAMM table for the 'second tier' freelance posters? I really was expecting to wake up this morning to more news or demos or something.

Is everything OK?

Frank

PS As Richard N suggests it looks like the entire core posting team has gone with Gary to NAMM!

Back! I drove back from Indy last night, arriving at 3:15am...

Yes, the Summer NAMM show is apparently as slow (marketing spin: "relaxed atmosphere!") as advertised. Lots of stuff if you're into guitar and drums, but significantly less if you're into software or audio engineering (as DPDan will attest). But this does mean there's plenty of time to hang out!

At any rate, G-Crew did play some JABB demos. Sounds really cool! The big surprise with it is that while I think everyone is waiting for the horns, the secret bonus is that the rhythm section sounds phenomenal. The piano just might become my #1 go-to for everything (being educated in jazz piano), the bass might supplant my old standby, and lordy-be we need that brush drum kit!

No hands-on playing, though: I'm still very interested in how tough it will be to pull off the insane amount of control available to the composer!

Talking to Tom about all the features was simply amazing, mainly (for me) because he's implemented every feature that *I* would personally put into such a library. Really, it's uncanny. As I told him time and again, he totally "Gets It". That is to say, he understands both the musical and technical sides of sample development and consistently makes the right "economical" decision along the lines of control vs workflow and expression vs computer resources. I love that guy! Of course, him being a jazz player on top doesn't hurt.

As for GPO-A? Honestly: I didn't ask! I'm so preoccupied with jazz that it didn't matter.

Anyway, met lots of great people and matched names with faces. I'm sure we'll have some pictures posted in the coming week, including the huge round dinner table seating 19 of us!

Oh, and about Styxx? He really *is* like that. ALL the time.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    It's a conspiracy headed by Tom from preventing any news from reaching Hardy.

There's quite a group here. The show is over in about 6 hours. I'm sure you'll be hearing more about the show from the forum members once the show is over.

I'll write more when I return.

Gary Garritan
    All (one) of us int the Redwoods are waitng!

Richard

Hi all!

Actually - no real big announcements (no, REALLY!) Just as Markleford described - relaxed.

But I also got to talk with Tom, and the features with JABB are really amazing. I am sure as details can be given you here will be the first to know about them.

I would like to say - this felt like a FAMILY REUNION rather than some group of invited music-related people coming together for a silly trade show. At the dinner we all got to introduce ourselves around this HUGE round table, and wow. It was so nice. Styxx had us all in stitches.

Faces with names are now more in place. Strange to me, Everyone is nicer, funnier, more caring and friendlier in person than they are when they are here - and that is saying a LOT! If you all ever get a chance to go to one of these - DON'T MISS IT!! You will love it. You will make friendships that will last your whole life.

Jerry Wickham

to DPDAN, "eeef you are dinking vhat I am dinking"
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    Oh, and about Styxx? He really *is* like that. ALL the time.

- m
    Oh lord...I was afraid of that! ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    "eeef you are dinking vhat I am dinking"
    ha ha ha,
    Jerry, one time when I said that, I heard you respond with...

"I am"

too funny!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    ha ha ha,
    Jerry, one time when I said that, I heard you respond with...

"I am"

too funny!

Dan
    Dan! That is a sad, sad thing when THAT happens!

You are such a riot! Thanks for everything!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Hi all!

Actually - no real big announcements (no, REALLY!) Just as Markleford described - relaxed.

But I also got to talk with Tom, and the features with JABB are really amazing. I am sure as details can be given you here will be the first to know about them.

I would like to say - this felt like a FAMILY REUNION rather than some group of invited music-related people coming together for a silly trade show. At the dinner we all got to introduce ourselves around this HUGE round table, and wow. It was so nice. Styxx had us all in stitches.

Faces with names are now more in place. Strange to me, Everyone is nicer, funnier, more caring and friendlier in person than they are when they are here - and that is saying a LOT! If you all ever get a chance to go to one of these - DON'T MISS IT!! You will love it. You will make friendships that will last your whole life.

Jerry Wickham

to DPDAN, "eeef you are dinking vhat I am dinking"
    Don't count on it!!!

Frank

Go Back to forum