• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO Update (July 2005) Now Available for Download

Share/Bookmark

GPO Update (July 2005) Now Available for Download

The latest update for the player and the library is now available on the Native Instruments site. It will soon be up on the Garritan site as well. The player and the library are both updated by the installation process. Here’s the easiest way to install the update (assuming the user has a connection to the internet):

Open the player, click on the Kontakt Player logo, click the Update tab, click Check for Software Update, Login with your User Name and Password, Select Garritan Personal Orchestra and your computer platform from the list, Download the 1.1.8.3 Update, Unzip, and install by double clicking on the Garritan Personal Orchestra Setup.exe file. Follow the installation instructions. If you install in the same location(s) as before, that should complete the process. While you are at the NI site there is also a “What’s this?” file that will show changes to the player itself.

Changes to the library include:

1.A change in the folder hierarchy. You will now see the instrument folders directly when you click on the player’s “Load” button. These folders contain the “dry” instruments in their latest form. We have made the decision to eliminate the “wet audition” folder in this and future versions. The “wet” instruments have proven to be a source of confusion when people failed to understand that they were not intended to be used for anything except quick auditioning of instruments. They are too processor intensive to be practical otherwise. Having said this, the older “wet” folder will not be removed by this Update installation. You will find all older folders at the bottom of the instrument list. You may delete them manually, if you like, by going to the Garritan installation folder and deleting the older folders from the Instruments folder. Or they can remain for your use.

2.The latest instrument folders incorporate all the changes from last fall’s update plus some small additional changes. See last fall’s update documentation for details: http://www.garritan.com/support/GPOUpdate.pdf The additional changes include some bug fixes and an occasional additional instrument (like the second vibraphone designed to work in pedal mode 1.) A few instruments, like Bassoon 1, have had their range extended. Most additional changes are rather minor.

3.During the installation process you will also have a choice to install the Finale 2006 upgrade folder. This gives previous GPO owners who use Finale 2006 (which contains a Lite version of GPO) a direct upgrade path to the full version of GPO at no additional cost. Note that not all standard GPO features are available in the full Finale notation version due to differences in instrument construction necessary for compatibility with Finale.

Please note that this installation does not include an update to the Multis. The Multis may be updated at a later time.

Tom

Re: GPO Update (July 2005) Now Available for Download

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    ]During the installation process you will also have a choice to install the Finale 2006 upgrade folder. This gives previous GPO owners who use Finale 2006 (which contains a Lite version of GPO) a direct upgrade path to the full version of GPO at no additional cost. Note that not all standard GPO features are available in the full Finale notation version due to differences in instrument construction necessary for compatibility with Finale.

Tom
    Tom,

Is this the Finale/GPO version which contains the unified keyswitches that Robert Pièchaud has programmed into Finale 2006? What features are missing in the Finale version?

Thanks,
    Jeff

There is a problem with the "Notation" version of the "Trumpet 1 Solo KS" included in the latest update. None of the notes from Eb4 up to the top of the range sound -- only the notes D4 and below.

"Trumpet 1 Player 1 KS" does not have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Tom,

Is this the Finale/GPO version which contains the unified keyswitches that Robert Pièchaud has programmed into Finale 2006? What features are missing in the Finale version?
    Yes, this version contains unified keyswitches, and, no, this isn't the same version as that contained in Finale 2006. This is the upgrade version which includes many more instruments than the "lite" version integrated with Finale. This version has many things in common with the programming of the Finale lite version though. I'll talk with Gary about posting the relevant portions of the new GPO manual - the ones that address the notation folder of instruments.

Most of the missing features have to do with the requirement of Finale that all instruments use pedal mode 1. This eliminated the possibility of including such features as "playable rolls" that rely on MIDI switching between layers. It's mostly things that have little impact for notation users - the missing features are largely the ones designed for users who actually play data in from the keyboard. As I said, details are in the new manual and I'll see if we can get a link posted to that information.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thad
    There is a problem with the "Notation" version of the "Trumpet 1 Solo KS" included in the latest update. None of the notes from Eb4 up to the top of the range sound -- only the notes D4 and below.

"Trumpet 1 Player 1 KS" does not have the same problem.
    I checked this and confirmed that there is a mis-assigned layer. I've corrected it but don't know when that fix will become available for users. Thanks for pointing it out.

Tom

Question Re: GPO Update (July 2005) Now Available for Download

Is the DXi Tempo problem with SONAR fixed in 1.1.8.3 update?

I found that, when tempo changes, some of the note does not stop properly.

Only me?

My configuration is:

Sonar 2.2 XL
    Windows XP
    Pentium 4 2.2 GHz
    2 GB Ram
    Audiophile 2496 with Asio driver
    GPO Kontakt Player 1.1.8.3003

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

This bug affects all versions of Kontakt and Kompakt including Kontakt 2. I have a feeling that NI will never fix this bug as it's been around for years. I think the DXi versions will get phased out as time goes on. Sonar 5 now includes VST support built in.

When I went to download the July update the NI site does not show the Windows version and says that I have already downloaded it. My download folder has several GPO winzip setup files. Being absent minded I probably downloaded it and didn't get around to running it. How can I indentify the July update? I know I haven't run it (if I have it) because the load button still shows wet/dry.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    When I went to download the July update the NI site does not show the Windows version and says that I have already downloaded it. My download folder has several GPO winzip setup files. Being absent minded I probably downloaded it and didn't get around to running it. How can I indentify the July update? I know I haven't run it (if I have it) because the load button still shows wet/dry.
    I would suggest right clicking on the files to check the date in "Properties." By the way, the wet/dry folders are not removed during the update installation process. After the install, when you click on the Load button the new instrument folders should be sitting "out in the open" at the top of the list, followed by the older wet/dry folders near the bottom. It's up to the user to decide to keep the older files or manually remove them from the drive.

Tom

The July update is a 17 MB zip file called GPO108U_Win_Setup.

Go Back to forum