• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The Giovani Edition Children's Choir | Update Information

Share/Bookmark

Arrow The Giovani Edition Children's Choir | Update Information

Dear NSS member,

• The Giovani Edition will be GS3 Native within the next 14 days and we will start the pre-order discount next week.

• The OSX/Tiger version of VCU is approximately 80% ready. This will be a free download to all current Giovani users and will find its way onto the next run of DVDs.

• We have a new demos from Markus Schmidt, Fabio Vicentini, Rob Elliott and Jamie Christopherson. Posted ASAP.

• The complete users guide is now available to download:User Guide

Thank you for your time and best musical success to all!

Francis Belardino
    Bela D Media.com
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Smile Re: The Giovani Edition Children's Choir | Update Information

Hey, talking about musical success I must say that I got a job thanks to a song made with Gio.

The ingredients for success were VSL with a lot of GIO and little of Scoring Noise.
    The producer could not believe that it was made with a computer. Next time I will ask him for the money for paying the choir (I won't say I use GIO)

So, thanks Bela D!!!!!
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Re: The Giovani Edition Children's Choir | Update Information

Quote Originally Posted by TARI
    and little of Scoring Noise.

The producer could not believe that it was made with a computer.
    Tari, dont take it as a negative post towards your music[I love it], but this noise to real thing is just too much over the head.

I wonder what happened to those people who wanted all that extra noise to be removed from the recordings.

The digital illusion is getting too much over some peoples head.

Hi Robin!!
    I just used a little of Scoring Noise, just in the beginning, for creating the ilusion of a real space. I think the goal of the midi mock up is sounding real, and sometimes noise helps if you use it like another instrument.
    Anyway I don't use noises almost never or never, but this time it suited well
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Too often many of the subtle noises that could make a sample human are stripped away. The end result is that the user is sometimes left with a sterile illusion of the real. This is the main reason why many human factors were not removed from Giovani. Of course, one has more freedom when working with voices to keep the real.

In addition, Adding lip noises, shuffling of feet, pages turns and etc, will bring back the human element. Listen to any score CD in headphones and you will hear the noises listed above.

Let's also keep in mind that Bela D offers Scoring Noise 100% free to the community. How can you go wrong?

As an example I like listening breaths in flute and choir passages. Sometimes I used it, and it helps to make the phrases more real, because you have to imagine when the player breaths and stop playing.
    I like Scoring Noise because it is subtle noise, not dirty. You can add it without staining the mix
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    Let's also keep in mind that Bela D offers Scoring Noise 100% free to the community. How can you go wrong?
    Bela,

Do you have the scoring noise 1 or know where it can be had? i got 2 and would like 1 to round it out. Thanks for any info and thanks for 2 as well.

steve

Exclamation Re: The Giovani Edition Children's Choir | Update Information

SN1 is no longer avilable via Bela D but its free to share. There are many here who have it. Help out all. Why is it no longer available? <-------- hard drive crash of 2002 plus, with all the other free files and 24 bit Giovani demos, we need to chill with the bandwidth bills.

If someone could send it to me i could host it for a while if theres anyone else here that might like it.

Just contact me through PM if you wish.

steve

I will send it to you!!!
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Go Back to forum