• Register
  • Help

Topic: anyone tried the Motu 828 Firewire interface ??

Share/Bookmark

anyone tried the Motu 828 Firewire interface ??

I\'m in the process of choosing my sound card for my dedicated Giga and was wondering if anyone is using the 828 firewire interface from Motu.
    The nemesys site says it\'s giga compatible BUT they mention something about the PCI-324 card, and this totally confuse me since the 828 is a firewire so why do i need the PCI-324 card used by the 2408 family ?? Thanks

My set up will be :
    Tyan MB ( S2390B )
    AMD Thunderbird 1.2/266
    3x256 PC133 ram
    Yamaha CDR
    ATI 8 Mg video
    20 Gig 7200 Maxtor for OS and 60 Gig for Gig files

Re: anyone tried the Motu 828 Firewire interface ??

I tried the Motu 828 Firewire with an Athlon 1.4. There was a noticeable delay when playing the GigaStudio instruments.

I also tried a Motu 1224 with the same results: time lag while playing the keyboard.Both sounded good however just not fast enough or perhaps I didn\'t configure it correctly.

The Motu products perform very well with a Mac and Digital Performer.I hope this helps.

You need to set the buffer size all the way down to 128. It\'s pretty tight.

thanks guys...
    Abi...i assume from your advice that you got the 828 working without any problem...can you tell me EXACTLY your set up ..especially what is needed ( firewire PCI card..) to connect the 828...as i said the Nemesys site mention the PCI324 card but isn\'t that card for the 2408 family product ...i thought the 828 ONLY requires a firewire port ! Thanks

Go Back to forum