• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cakewalk Home Studio and GPO - stuck notes

Share/Bookmark

Cakewalk Home Studio and GPO - stuck notes

Hi everyone,
    looking kind of desparately for help here. I've opened up a Sibelius File in Home Studio 2004, and it plays back great through GPO, but I'm having problems with some notes sticking. I can stop this when it happens when I use it to play live playback by hitting something on the transport bar, but when you export it as an audio file, the notes, well, they still stick of course because you cant stop it in the middle of an audio file exporting!!
    Has anyone had any problems similar to this? I've gone into the piano roll, and the staff view, and deleted the sticking notes, and re-inputted them, all to no avail, and they still stick.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Cakewalk Home Studio and GPO - stuck notes

Are you using the DXI or VSTi version of GPO? There is a tempo change bug in the DXi version that causes what appears to be stuck notes. The VST version doesn't have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Are you using the DXI or VSTi version of GPO? There is a tempo change bug in the DXi version that causes what appears to be stuck notes. The VST version doesn't have this issue.
    Haydn, thanks for the information. I'm not sure, but I'll check this out and see.
    thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Yes, Haydn, I'm using the DXi version of GPO. I'm not sure how to use it as a VST version, but I'll look up the manual and give it a go. I'll let you know if this solves it.

I'm not sure if Cakewalk Home Studio comes with the VST Adapter. This can be purchased separately if not included. I would recommend the VST adapter if you plan on using GPO or any other libraries that use the Kontakt/Kompakt engine.

Home Studio does not use VSTs, but as Haydn suggested, perhaps the Cakewalk VST wrapper can be purchased separately - but check first to make sure it will work with Home Studio. Of course, when budget permits, you might want to consider upgrading to Sonar 4.

Well, would you believe it, but if I'd looked on the GPO web site on the Sonar tutorials, I would have found that answer - the stuck notes happen sometimes when there is a tempo change. I ended up creating a note on the piano roll, the same pitch after the stuck note. I then found the note on the events pane, and gave it a value of zero. By clicking on one of the column numbers beside the note in the event list, and turning whatever value that it was, down to zero, it worked perfectly.

So, thanks for the help I've received from the people in this thread.
    Yes, Home Studio came with a VST adapter, free with it, but the problem is that it's not picking up my Garritan Ambience Plug in. I've put the ambience into the vst plug in folders, and it's still not picking it up, even though I ran the VST adaptor.
    I'm not too worried as Home Studio does come with a reverb. I would have liked to use the GPO ambience, but the one I found on the software is quite good.
    thanks again guys, for all of your help.

Yes, Home Studio came with a VST adapter, free with it, but the problem is that it's not picking up my Garritan Ambience Plug in. I've put the ambience into the vst plug in folders, and it's still not picking it up, even though I ran the VST adaptor.

Steve,

What other VST plugs have you found that Home Studio won't recognize ?
    Have you been able to use all of your other VST, VSTi plugs inside their adapter ?

-- atonal

Quote Originally Posted by steve martin
    Well, would you believe it, but if I'd looked on the GPO web site on the Sonar tutorials, I would have found that answer - the stuck notes happen sometimes when there is a tempo change. I ended up creating a note on the piano roll, the same pitch after the stuck note. I then found the note on the events pane, and gave it a value of zero. By clicking on one of the column numbers beside the note in the event list, and turning whatever value that it was, down to zero, it worked perfectly.

So, thanks for the help I've received from the people in this thread.
    I'm not too worried as Home Studio does come with a reverb. I would have liked to use the GPO ambience, but the one I found on the software is quite good.
    thanks again guys, for all of your help.

Well, the problem may be that you must run the VST adapter (from the start menu) and make sure that the Ambience dll is registered. That should do it.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, the problem may be that you must run the VST adapter (from the start menu) and make sure that the Ambience dll is registered. That should do it.

Richard
    Thank you for the information Richard. Could you please tell me how I go about registering the dll?
    Thanks,
    Steve.

Go Back to forum