I'm just curious how the majority of you all came into this type of work. (If you even consider it work ) What I'm getting at is how or why would someone who hypothetically has no musical training but can pick up almost anything and play it within a week or 2 choose to make music with todays technology of software? We could use Hans Zimmer for example as compared to actually playing live via symphony etc? ( Hans Zimmer of course in the method he uses not the musicianship.)

Once you decided yes I want to make music with my keyboard and computer how then did you learn how to do it all from sequencing to editing and all that is involved? I desperately want to make music and for me I'm still young enough to study music in college or work from my basement doing my best playing my keyboard to mock up famous works by the greats out there. For me personally I like the idea of being able to manipulate sounds and mix things together in a ES Posthumous sort of way. However I was never really savvy enough to know what all is entailed to make music the way someone like Hans Zimmer makes music.

I want to learn though and I'm clueless as how to get there. I'm a person who requires visual stimulant to comprehend what is being acomplished. If I was watching someone in a recording studio making music on a computer I would learn better that way rather than listening to the CD and hearing the minor or major chord progression and hearing as the violins stay in perfect harmony above the rest of the orchestra. I love all that but I'm more interested in creating that myself. So how do I do that if I am brand new with todays technology? I've searched for colleges in my area that have a technichal music degree or classes but there is only 1 and its a bit of a hike away and I'd have to quit my job and move there in order to pursue it.

Are there video tutorials out there sort of how Gigastudio has made with there old mastery video on how to create such and such sounds. What type of books would I want to read to understand how to manipulate pitch and frequency cut off's and such? What other ways do you all learn? I've read through several manuals of the stuff I own but honestly its kind of hard especially with the ones for the sequencers. I just wish there was not the steep learning curve if you have never done this type of work before. Thanks for taking time to read through all of this and any information or encouragement you might offer.