• Register
  • Help

Topic: 'Pallazo' : My first GPO composition - feedback appreciated !

'Pallazo' : My first GPO composition - feedback appreciated !

Hi all

Although I've had GPO for a fair while now, this is the first of my compositions that I've managed to complete.

Every instrument is from GPO, with the exception of the solo violin which I just couldn't seem to get quite right. 'Pallazo' is a baroque-inspired piece - it's perhaps not hugely original but I enjoyed playing with the call-response and using this track to get better acquainted with GPO.

This track isn't perfect by any means, but I've got to that stage now where I can't really 'hear' it anymore ! I would love any feedback anyone can offer - good or bad !

The track can be listened to HERE

Many thanks

Re: 'Pallazo' : My first GPO composition - feedback appreciated !

Mr. Smith,

This is very good! Exciting Latin undertone and good use of dynamics. You have a lot of talent.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander

Wine Country, Colorado

Simon. This is a very enjoyable piece. The mix of styles and constant energy kept me on the edge of my seat. As I said once before, I admire anybody who can write a decent Allegro. Excellent first effort.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

A complex but nice work. It is very reminicent of the music by Michel Legrand for the 1973 'The Three Musketeers' movie. A lot of synergy. The final mix is a bit muddled, so you may want to try some middle EQ.
    Bill Wright
    PWA Music

Welcome to the GPO community. Your composition is excellent and you have a great start at employing the GPO instruments. You must have a good background in audio tracking as your music sounds realistic.

Thanks for sharing your music and we would like to hear more.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hi Simon,

Excellent! I really enjoyed this. Great orchestration and performance. Good mix. It does sound amazingly real too!

Thanks for posting,

Hi Simon
    That is a superb 1st effort with GPO,It is an interesting piece that successfully mixes genres and styles,with wit and panache. Reverb is one of those very personal choices,but I personally think you could ease off a tad on the verb, and this would bring more clarity to the overll mix.
    You have made an excellent start with GPO,and I look forward to more from you.

This is really interesting stuff. I enjoyed every exciting moment. Amazing sounds you're getting with all the different combinations of instruments. Great music!

Kind Regards

Many many thanks for your encouraging comments chaps - I was very pleased that you all enjoyed the piece, and will take all your suggestions on board.

I'm GPO'ing another track of mine at the moment, although that is a rather longer track and so will probably take me some time.

Many thanks again.

Go Back to forum