• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "I Still Do", new song for my wife.

Share/Bookmark

"I Still Do", new song for my wife.

I wrote this song for my wife in honor of our upcoming 27th wedding anniversary.

It’s the first complete song on which I’ve used the Garritan Personal Orchestra.

If you’d like to hear it, please go to my motagator.net site and select “I Still Do”.
    (sorry, I cannot provide a direct link to the song).

http://www.motagator.net/bands/109/

The Steinway Piano, Strings, Bell Tree and Triangle are from the Garritan Personal Orchestra.

I used the Lounge Lizard electric piano.

I played live drums, cabasa, and shaker.

The bass is the Jazz Bass preset on my Yamaha MU-80.

That's me doing all the vocals.

Peace!
    -rob

Re: "I Still Do", new song for my wife.

hello!

listened to both songs on your site and enjoyed them very much.

the sound mix is very good and I feel positive vibes emited by your music.

love your drum playing, the keys and the voice...everything quite convincing!

greetings

Rob:

Very cool song and I like the mix. Your vocals are great too. Your wife should be proud of your musical talent. We would like to here more of your work.

Jack

P.S. What Fx did you use in the middle to expand your vocal left and right simultaneously? Was is some kind of chorusing effect?
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Thanks to you all for listening and for your comments!

Our anniversary is a few weeks away, but my wife's birthday was this weekend, so I presented it to her then.

I made a nice cd case that has a picture of us when we were dating on one side, and a current picture of us on the other.
    I wrote the lyrics inside of a beautiful card.

When she woke up on her birthday, I had placed the card, the cd, and a dozen roses on her dressing table. She was thrilled!
    As she listened to the cd, she was in tears.
    I'm just happy that she liked it!

Peace!
    -rob

To Jack- I used triple tracking to get that effect . I sang the part 3 times, on three different tracks.
    I panned one to the center, one to the left, the other to the right. Thanks for asking!

Rob:

Thanks. The effect was really great. A cool tip. And, what a beautiful way to show your love for your wife. It's true-from-the-heart gifts like this that are forever remembered and treasured. Best wishes to you both.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Rob,

This is very wonderful thing you have done.

You have a fabulous voice and you are quite a drummer too! I liked the song, the arrangement , the mix - everything about it was fantastic! Can't wait to hear what you do with the Jazz library.

You're wife is very lucky (and you probably know that ). Writing a song for her, a dozen roses, etc - it doesn't get any more romantic than that. The guys on this forum could learn by example from you .

Happy anniversary and thanks for sharing your gift of music with us.

All the best,
    Gary Garritan

Super Vocals,Songwriting,Production the whole enchilada. Love the Earth Wind and Fire type Backing vox harmonies.The whole thing oozes class and sincerity.
    Looking forward to more.
    regards

Rob,
    Very nice song, man. A great thing to do for your wife!

I also enjoyed Psalm 1 on your site. Great vocal layers on both!
    ;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Well done -- and a class act, Rob... this is first-rate, across the board. Very solid arrangement, strong writing, and a great mix to boot!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast