• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Reflections from a Working Stiff

Share/Bookmark

Smile Reflections from a Working Stiff

I suspect that many in the GPO world-wide community are like myself who at some point years ago gave up the dream of ever being able to make a living to support ourselves and families with music - the thing we loved most. So, what we did is do the best we could to find a job/employment situation to take care of the families we love and remember when music lit up our lives. Some left music for good; others tinkered around with it on the side in spare moments. Many of us work at jobs we despise for people we would rather not have to spend time with. Although I am not able to spend much time on this forum, or spend as much time as I wish I could on making music with GPO - I want to let all of those that have made GPO available to working stiffs like me (thank you Gary Garritan and associates) how much of an impact you have made on lives like mine. You may not hear from us very much but I'm sure there are thousands more like me out there. I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks. Also, thanks to the devoted forum regulars who take the time to answer our stupid newbie questions. You are patient and kind.

Re: Reflections from a Working Stiff

[quote: Robert Preston as Toddy in Blake Edwards' "Victor/Victoria";]

"Count,... you just said a cotton-pickin' mouthful."

Well said, there. Very well said. Couldn't agree more.

Thumbs up Re: Reflections from a Working Stiff

Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto
    I suspect that many in the GPO world-wide community are like myself who at some point years ago gave up the dream of ever being able to make a living to support ourselves and families with music - the thing we loved most. So, what we did is do the best we could to find a job/employment situation to take care of the families we love and remember when music lit up our lives. Some left music for good; others tinkered around with it on the side in spare moments. Many of us work at jobs we despise for people we would rather not have to spend time with. Although I am not able to spend much time on this forum, or spend as much time as I wish I could on making music with GPO - I want to let all of those that have made GPO available to working stiffs like me (thank you Gary Garritan and associates) how much of an impact you have made on lives like mine. You may not hear from us very much but I'm sure there are thousands more like me out there. I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks. Also, thanks to the devoted forum regulars who take the time to answer our stupid newbie questions. You are patient and kind.
    Hmm, and some of us never learn.
    By the way, the only stupid question is the one never asked! I am happy to have you as well as others on this forum to learn from and to become acquainted with. Yup! Gary and his team do much more than they realize.
    Nice to hear from you.
    Styxx

Stiletto,

I don't recall that you have ever been welcomed formally and properly to this forum. So:

WELCOME!

I like to play with the colors. Both Styxx and I are bored today.

We hope when you get a little brave, (not the Native American kind) you will post some music. There are so many people who visit this forum but don't contribute their music. We would love to here what you are doing with GPO.

Now it's finally time that I become productive. Thanks for the kind post and you are certainly right, this is a great place to hang, and learn, and all those responsible for GPO are the most brilliant people on earth.

Karl

I'm with Karl - let's hear some of your music! And of course, I encourage you to let us give you some airplay on the Composer Channel as well.

Glad to have you with us!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

I also want to thank you for making this wonderful GPO program available at a price that we working stiffs can afford!

Peace!
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by robsmusic
    I also want to thank you for making this wonderful GPO program available at a price that we working stiffs can afford!

Peace!
    -rob
    Gary's kindness and generosity, has extended far beyond GPO. It's amazing that God could cram such a big heart into a mear mortal. There's only one Mother Goose. (thanks Nickie, I just had to use your line)

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by robsmusic

Peace!
    -rob
    Add to that, the retired old fogies!

Richard

Thanks gary....um now about GPOA....I have a few thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Add to that, the retired old fogies!

Richard
    And the same from the not-quite-retired old fogies!
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Go Back to forum