• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Toys Dept: Multi-Button "Mighty Mouse"for Macs

Orcas Island

New Toys Dept: Multi-Button "Mighty Mouse"for Macs

Apple announced a multi-button mouse, known as the Mighty Mouse, including four sensors and a tiny scroll ball. The surface of the mouse is touch-sensitive, allowing the mouse to be programmed as a single-button, multi-button or scrolling device. It also has squeezable sides (just like my little pet mousy ).

Go here for more info: http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/
    "At $49, Mighty Mouse features the revolutionary Scroll Ball that lets you move anywhere inside a document, without lifting a finger. And with touch-sensitive technology concealed under the seamless top shell, you get the programability of a four-button mouse in a single-button design. Click, roll, squeeze and scroll. This mouse just aced the maze."

Re: New Toys Dept: Multi-Button "Mighty Mouse"for Macs

Of course they come out with this a week after I bought a new mouse... Of course, I can't actually control what the buttons do on my new mouse (or at least I haven't figured out how to yet...), nor does it fit in with the slick Mac theme like everything else for my mac. Hmmmm...

I think I read where to get the most out of this little fellow, you need Tiger. For me though, that might be a little for off. Besides, my 4 button trackball is doing just fine. Nice toy though if you're still using the old Apple standard mouse.

I'd be more willing to use a Mac if they weren't so propriatery. Plus, the interface of the OS is too "Cutesy" for my taste anyways.

Though I must admit that I like that mouse. Give a few months and someone will hack it to run on any OS. Either that or someone will make a cross-platform clone of it.

Shelton, Washington State

I'll wait for the Blue Tooth model. I love my Apple BT mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by DZComposer
    the interface of the OS is too "Cutesy" for my taste anyways.
    I used to do tech support for the County court clerks - 50 women of all ages and ethnicities in cubicles with supposedly identical PCs. After trying for three years to enforce a standardized look and feel on all County users, IT management relented. Six months later, the 'gals' had the most amazing rigs - mice eating up the screen, family photos rotating on the desktop, and it seemed that everyone had downloaded third-party themes for the desktop look, and there were lace doilies, both real and CGI, everywhere! The chintz computer...

I understand what you mean, though, and to a degree I sympathize, but in the end, I care less what it looks like, or how graphic my interface (I do admit to preferring plain Apple OR Windows defaults, whichever platform.) All I want is the app that runs smoothly, offers the feature set that complements my creative processes, has a clear, well-defined and unambiguous GUI, is fast and efficient, and doesn't crash.

And Santa to get his reindeer out of my flower bed...
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum