• Register
  • Help

Topic: A sort of odd request...

Share/Bookmark

A sort of odd request...

I apologize if this request is a bit odd, but I'm getting my bachelors in music theory and I'll be going to get my masters and my doctorate in theory and composition. Here's the problem, I don't have anyone I can really talk to about theory and I *need* to b/c I really enjoy it and I need to retain it.

My request is for anyone who has yahoo messenger. I have yahoo messenger and when I have free time I get on to talk to friends, but no theorists Is there anyone in here that has yahoo messenger that would be willing to discuss theory when you have free time? Thank you for your time.
    http://www.jamesjumonville.com

Captain Hook (if you see Pan let me know!)

Re: A sort of odd request...

Quote Originally Posted by capt_hook
    I apologize if this request is a bit odd, but I'm getting my bachelors in music theory and I'll be going to get my masters and my doctorate in theory and composition. Here's the problem, I don't have anyone I can really talk to about theory and I *need* to b/c I really enjoy it and I need to retain it.

My request is for anyone who has yahoo messenger. I have yahoo messenger and when I have free time I get on to talk to friends, but no theorists Is there anyone in here that has yahoo messenger that would be willing to discuss theory when you have free time? Thank you for your time.
    Try the chat page at Sibelius. Sometimes it gets downright silly, but sometimes you get good ideas. And there are a few theory minded people there who might respond.

Richard

The best way to retain your knowledge is to teach what you have learned to others.

There is an academy forum here, I suggest taking 1 or 2 students (you specify at what level).

I am a theory head big time. Send me your IM id

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll go to the GPO academy section and look for students. I'll also go and check the Sebelius forums out to, I'm excited to see what is going on there.

newmewzikboy, I sent you my yahoo ID.
    http://www.jamesjumonville.com

Captain Hook (if you see Pan let me know!)

Got it cappy. Sent you mine. Theory chat soon!

Go Back to forum