• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Winners of the July 4th Contest

Share/Bookmark

Winners of the July 4th Contest

And the winner of the 4th of July contest is....EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!

Joaz is the Grand Prize Winner and gets the Jazz and Big Band library as a prize.

Falcon, Josh and Dan Powers are tie for 2nd place. They and everyone else who entered the contest get JABB for half off.

Thanks all for participating. There were some really terrific entries posted.

Let's have another contest soon.

Gary Garritan

Re: Winners of the July 4th Contest

Hey congratulations Joaz, you did a great jazz piece... Falcon, Josh and Dan Powers you did beautiful work with the traditional orchestra... Thanks Gary for the break in price...

Thumbs up Re: Winners of the July 4th Contest

Thanks Gary,Trad.This actually means a lot to me,because I have never entered a Music competition before.The quality of the writing in this competition was really high.I personally, voted for Josh,but it could equally have been 9 or 10 others.
    I am 30% into a new album for my band (Sirius B Brasillian Jazz) and rest assured the JABB Lib will be all over it.(And all over the acknowledgements of course )
    I dedicate this victory to my Agent, all the backroom staff at Team Joaz,my first ever Music teacher......(sobs).....My wonderful wife,my cat who sat at my feet when I.........(weeping uncontrollably) ...the backers without who.....(bawling like a baby) ......thank you.... thanksalot.......thanks..... I er....reallly.....than......(plug is pulled).......

regards

Wow, that is awesome generosity! I entered the contest, so I guess I qualify for the 50% off. Wow, that's really cool! I've been saving my pennies for a good while now.

Congratulations to Joaz!!! That was an absolutely wonderful piece. There aren't many pieces that I've heard that I could honestly say would have been any better than the winning entry by Joaz. Beautiful work, and please do keep it up!

Talking Re: Winners of the July 4th Contest

Congrats goes to joaz for winning the competition!

Does 2nd place winners get to do a "thank-you" speech?

Anyway, I thank all my voters (9 of them ) for their vote which made the 2nd place possible.

Gary, yes contests are fun! - Specially when I win something
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Congratulations to Joaz. (Next time I'll have to vote for myself more often...)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Joaz:

Contragulations, man. You richly deserved the honor of winning the contest. I listened to your entry a number of times. I was equally happy to participate with such great writers as yourself, Josh, Dan, etc.

Thank you Gary for your generosity to the rest of us. I've been waiting patiently for some time for the JABB and to think that I earned half of the package price for my GPO entry makes me the happiest kid on the block right now.

What a community we have and what a leader...........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    And the winner of the 4th of July contest is....EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!

Joaz is the Grand Prize Winner and gets the Jazz and Big Band library as a prize.

Falcon, Josh and Dan Powers are tie for 2nd place. They and everyone else who entered the contest get JABB for half off.

Thanks all for participating. There were some really terrific entries posted.

Let's have another contest soon.

Gary Garritan
    Congratulations to all who entered!

Gary,

Was there ever a winner announced in the Scariest Halloween music contest last Fall? I entered that one but don't remember ever hearing if anybody won (maybe not enough votes were cast).

The very generous prizes awarded in this contest made me wonder about that one.

Sorry i haven't been around the forum lately - i'm visiting family and friends here in philly - should be back to full participation next week...

as for this contest - it was a blast...many excellent entries...Joaz, congrats!!! very fine work, and indeed a worthy winner...thanks for your support and vote - it was a pleasure voting for you...

gary - thanks for holding the contest and once again being a great motivator...and of course, the second place prize is very generous...

looking forward to the next contest...take care all

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    They and everyone else who entered the contest get JABB for half off.

Gary -- This is a very generous surprise. Thank you! I've been making plans about "what next" for my music arsenal, but this bumps JABB to the top of that list.

To the rest of the contestants: I enjoyed your pieces and felt I was in distinguised company. Your entries inspire me to push farther. Special congrats to Joaz, Falcon, Josh and Dan Powers; definitely the cream of the crop!

Go Back to forum