• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pop Brass

Pop Brass

Anybody have some good suggestions for Pop brass at this point? I realize only about 1/10 the demand is still here for brass, but occassionally you know..... Just curious what people are using.

las vegas ,nv> USA

Thumbs up Re: Pop Brass

A couple of years ago Quantum Leap Brass was the mainstay, albeit orchestrally focused. But now AMG Kick ~~~ Brass is an attempt at pop brass. I have both libraries, and they are good, but I just did buy First Call Horns, and I can tell you it is exactly up our alley ( Section sounds are abundant) for pop, rock, R & B, and jazz. The other libraries are just too clean in the section samples. Get all 3. You can't go wrong. But if your budget orientated, go for First Call. It's a must have.

Jimmy V.

Talking Re: Pop Brass

MAra Jade....

god I'm a geek

nothing beats a real horn section, but a combination of all pop brass libs tends to be the best for people focusing on writing those styles. You'll need all the different variations of rips/falls, accents, do-its, shakes, turnarounds, whatever...

using sampler processing techniques like time stretch and tone shifitng helps alot too.

Sfz samples are your friend!
    Operation Mindcrime 2, in stores now.
    or go here...
    The Digital Bitphonic Orchestra
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Re: Pop Brass

I have QL Brass which I bought really cheap when they were blowing out the EMU versions. but I've never taken the time to set it up in Kontakt. Guess I better get to work. I'll check out First Call Brass. Who makes it?

Big Fish makes it.

Making QL brass work for pop is like making Kieth Richard's guitar work for Van Halen. Seriously, with gigastudio 3 out now, and midi rules, someone should do the pop thing right. I WILL BUY IT when it is right, ie play a cluster and have separate horns for the "stack". come on you genius sampler computer musician geeks! get rich!

Go Back to forum