• Register
  • Help

Topic: Way the heck OT: Cell Boosters?

Share/Bookmark

Way the heck OT: Cell Boosters?

Sorry for the WAY off-topic, but I thought somebody here might have some experience in this...

I just moved into a new apartment, and I don't get cell phone service inside (brick building). I use this phone for EVERYTHING, and considering I have like 4 jobs, it's pretty crucial that I can get and make calls.

Anybody have any experience with those cell-booster things? Or any type of technology that will increase my coverage in the apartment? It's Verizon service by the way.

Thanks,
    chris.

Re: Way the heck OT: Cell Boosters?

Uh, isn't that what land lines are for?

Seriously, when you're at home, just forward your cell phone to your home phone.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Way the heck OT: Cell Boosters?

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot
    Sorry for the WAY off-topic, but I thought somebody here might have some experience in this...

I just moved into a new apartment, and I don't get cell phone service inside (brick building). I use this phone for EVERYTHING, and considering I have like 4 jobs, it's pretty crucial that I can get and make calls.

Anybody have any experience with those cell-booster things? Or any type of technology that will increase my coverage in the apartment? It's Verizon service by the way.

Thanks,
    chris.
    Check out this:

http://home.pacbell.net/mtom168/internalantenna/

I might consider something of the sort for car use, as I spend plenty of time in marginal areas, but good service at home.

Richard

Go Back to forum